Chapter 4

The Next Day...

As a break from class began, I sat at my desk with my phone out, reading about composing music. After the time I got to spend with Maki yesterday, I ended up with a desire to write a song myself. Just something to say I could compose a song if I wanted, plus maybe I could help write Maki again in the future, and this would make it so any help I gave would be better than what I was able to give last time.

After the events of yesterday, I ended up spending a while that night checking out as many Muse performances that I could find online and so I ended up staying late. And so due to my lack of sleep, after a while, my mind stopped being able to focus on what I was reading, and my mind was having trouble processing the words in front of me. In the end I gave up and with a sigh, I leaned back in my seat. I'll try to get a better grasp of this stuff later, but for now I'll just relax until class starts up again.

I ended up just staring ahead of me at nothing. When I heard Hoshizora speak to me.

"Hey Y/n, me and Kayochin were coming to the music room to see how Maki was doing when we saw you were with Maki and Kayochin suggested we just leave you too be." Rin said. She then turned to me "You were helping Maki, right?"

"Uh yeah, I did. I was already in there and once I found out what Maki was there for, I wanted to help." I said

"I'm sure you were a lot of help to her." Hanayo said

I shrugged. "I don't feel like I was really that much help, I wish I could've done more. And after checking out Muse's previous performance last night, I have a bigger idea of the gap between me and her." Maybe someday I'll tell Maki of how that dear song so long ago had influenced me, but before I do that, I want to have come even remotely close to her skill.

"So you've watched our performances?" Hanayo asked

"Yeah, I watched the recordings of them last night." I confirmed "You girls are really great."

"Thanks Y/n." Rin said "Hey, how about you watch us practice after school today?"

"Eh? Are you sure that'd be okay?" I asked

"I'm sure the others wouldn't mind if you came to watch us practice." Hanayo said

"Okay then." I said. I don't think that it would hurt to skip practice for one day.

"Then meet us up on the roof after school then." Rin said

------------------------------------

Third Person Perspective

After classes came to an end for the day, Maki, Rin, and Hanayo started to head their way to the clubroom to meet up with everyone before they headed to the roof to practice.

"Hey Maki, we asked Y/n earlier if he would like to watch us practice today and he agreed." Rin said

"Eh? Why did you invite him to watch us?" Maki asked

"We had been talking to him between classes and he mentioned that he had spent a while last night watching recordings of our previous recordings and he was a fan. And you two seem like your friends now too." Hanayo said

"I'm not sure if we're exactly friends yet..." Maki said

"Why not? You helped him his first day because your mom asked you to but now you and him were working on our next song together." Rin said

"You saw that?" Maki said, surprised

"We were gonna cheer for you while you were writing it, but then we saw you two writing it together and so Hanayo suggested that we leave helping you to him this time." Rin said