Prologue

I looked out the train window, the city racing past me. It's nearly roughly two hours since I boarded, but the train should come to a stop at my destination soon. The view of the city that is passing by is a nostalgic one for me, but it's one I don't remember particularly well. It's been eight years since I was here in Tokyo and since I was sent to live with my grandparents at seven, I'm going to admittedly be somewhat lost, but I'll also be able to see my parents again.

The train soon came to a stop and after I grabbed my light baggage, I pulled out my phone and looked up directions to where I was headed. As I walked down the street towards my destination, I looked around me and while there were some places I didn't remember, there were also places that I vaguely remembered. Eventually I reached a modest black building with an azure sign titled Six Strings Music Store, the music store my parents have run as long as I can remember. I didn't care about it much when I was growing up here until the year before I left to move in with my grandparents.

I stepped inside and turned to the cashier at the register and asked "Excuse me, is the owner here?"

The cashier looked at me and said "Are you the son that the owner mentioned? He left me with a message for you. He says that he'll be out for a bit so you should put your stuff in the back and go get accustomed to the area again."

I nodded "Thanks, um..."

"Shinzo Takeyuki. It's nice to meet you." He said

"Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you too." I replied. I headed to the back and after I put my belongings on a chair, I left the building.

I wandered around for a while, but in the end, I thought of somewhere I wanted to head to, in hopes of speaking to someone I owe a lot to. I looked the place up and followed the directions I was given.

I passed through the streets until I stood in front of a large, familiar building. I was in front of Nishikino General Hospital. I was here pretty often when I was little due to being pretty ill back when I was six. I don't remember too much of my stays here, but there were times where I ended up in the hospital for a week or more. According to what Dad would tell me over the phone, I acted pretty brave when I was stuck there, but he could tell that I was pretty unhappy for the most part. From what I do remember, I remember the main physician taking care of me was a really nice lady named Dr. Nishikino. If I remember correctly, she would mention that she had a daughter the same age as me. I want to go tell her, after all these years, thank her for all she did for me and that after all she did for me, I've been able to live a good life since then.

"Actually, it might be kind of hard to talk to a doctor without an actual reason." I said to myself. I went to sit down on the bench outside the front entrance and tried to find on my phone if the hospital had a website, in hopes of finding something that could clue me into how I can talk to her and thank her. I couldn't find anything so I sighed and leaned back on the bench in resignation. I doubt I can talk to her by just asking to speak to her, and I might be able to talk to her by bullshitting my way to her, but I doubt I could lie my way through and frankly, doing big lies just make me feel bad.

I closed my eyes and relaxed until I heard a woman's voice to my side say "Excuse me, do you mind if I sit down here too?"

"Yeah, sorry about that." I replied before I scooted to the side.

"Thanks. I'm a doctor here and sometimes I just like to enjoy some fresh air during my lunch." she said

I finally opened my eyes and turned to look towards the person beside and saw a woman who looked around the same age as my mom with red hair. I'm probably wrong, but she reminds me of the vague recollections I have of Dr. Nishikino.

"Um, I'm sorry if this is rude, but are you Dr. Nishikino?" I asked "I'm asking because I was her patient about nine years ago."

"I am." she confirmed "Do I know you?"

I stood up and said "I'm Y/n L/n. Back when I was six, I was in and out of your hospital pretty often and you were the main physician taking care of me."

She inspected me for a moment before she responded "Yeah, I remember you. You are the same age as my daughter and so you left quite an impact on me. I can't believe it's really you, you've changed a lot since then."

"I actually came by because I wanted to tell you thanks for the care you gave to me. Because thanks to you I've had a pretty good life." I said "I've been out of Tokyo for a long time and I wanted to tell you this."

"Oh really? Where have you been? I've driven past the music store your parents run on occasion so I know they've still been in Tokyo." Dr. Nishikino said

"I've been in Nagano with my grandparents." I answered

"So where will you be going to school?" Dr. Nishikino asked

"I'm heading to Otonokizaka starting next Tuesday." I answered.

When Dr. Nishikino heard my answer, her expression changed. "My daughter goes there. I have an idea, how about you come over to have dinner with my family tomorrow so you can meet my daughter?" Dr. Nishikino suggested "I would imagine knowing at least one face in a new school would be pretty welcome."

I nodded and said "I should be able to tomorrow. Thank you."

Dr. Nishikino told me where to go and I headed off so she could eat her lunch in peace. I'm able to give my thanks to Dr. Nishikino at long last and I have also been given the chance to meet her daughter, a person that I wanted to someday meet. I don't know if I'll bother her once I begin classes, but I hope I can meet her at least once.

------------------------------------------------

A/n: Like I announced, due to wanting to get at least the start out tonight but I'm starting to lose steam, I've split this chapter in two so I can finish and post the other half tomorrow. That one will for sure have Maki. What's with me writing two series in a row not having the heroine appear in the prologue at all? 

I know that Y/n just luckily encountering Dr. Nishikino there is kind of an asspull, but I kind of needed it if I wanted to get the story started as I didn't have any better ideas. In the future, I'll try to avoid situations where things just luckily go the right way in the future as I do admit I accidentally did that quite a bit in Blue Water, Blue Sky.

One last thing, While my stories typically average around twelve chapters total, if this story is well recieved enough and I come up with enough ideas for later on, I may extend it by a bit.