Werefox AU ft. a li'l bit of Hyunin - Mintomi

Start from the beginning

And then Minju came running in.

Hitomi groaned inwardly and tried to hide behind her book.

This didn't work all that well because save for Ms. Kwon, Hitomi was the only person in the classroom.

Minju trotted over like a lost puppy finding its owner. Smiling, she sat down next to the suffering girl covered by her Ancient Civilizations book.

Students came in, dropping their bags unceremoniously as Hitomi had. She caught Jeongin's eye and he practically cackled as she mimed slamming her head against the wall, as she undoubtedly would later. This slightly annoyed her, but it was all fine when the last seat left was next to Hwang Hyunjin and Jeongin had what was essentially a panic attack before sitting down with the complexion of a cherry.

Children were shushed, roll was called, and class started. It's not like Hitomi cared - as far as she was concerned, it was just a "Get through history to make it to math. When you're done with math, you can ditch after break."

But constantly checking the time wasn't making it go by any faster. Hitomi tried looking away for long periods of time as if telling the clocks she didn't care before looking back, only to find it had barely been two minutes. She tried staring, practically boring holes through the stupid hour hand, but she only found that this seemed to make the clocks tick slower.

"Ms. Hitomi! How about you?"

Snapping her head away up from her phone, Hitomi's face heated rapidly as she mumbled something really intelligent, like "uh...?"

She could already see Jeongin stifling a laugh.

And then Minju, Hitomi's saving grace, whispered, "Nineveh."

"Nineveh. It's Nineveh."

"Thank you, Hitomi. So, the Assyrians..."

Blushing madly, Hitomi leaned over slightly and begrudgingly whispered back out of the corner of her mouth, "Don't think this means anything at all, but thank you. This doesn't change ou-"

She didn't finish her sentence, however, because Minju had already flung herself at the purple-haired girl, leaving her speechless, trying to shove Minju off, and ignoring the way Minju's hands around her bare arms was making her ears ring and racking her entire body with tingles. "You're welcome!"

"D-don't touch me."

*

Oh. My. God

Study hall had been cool and refreshing like a rain in LA (meaning cool but overhyped), but Hitomi's patience was still running thin. 

Thin enough to use analogies, at least.

After all, even if the entire city was covered in a mist, the moist air could only do so much for a full-scale fire.

And if we're still speaking in analogies, Minju was currently gasoline. In the fire.

"HII! HII! WAIT FOR ME HII-CHANNN!" Hitomi could hear Minju's chaos approximately five minutes before she ran up behind her, almost knocking her over with a hug. Inaudibly murmuring a string of unsavory words, Hitomi wriggled herself free from Minju's death grip. This apparently meant nothing to the elder girl, as she continued jogging behind Hitomi, unapologetically unabashed.

"Hii, Hii, Hii, Hii, Hii, today I met this really really nice girl in twelfth year and she r-"

"Shut. Up. Please," Hitomi spat through her gritted teeth. She just could not deal with this right now. She didn't have the energy to deal with this little baby-fox-like creature.