ㅤㅤㅤ vi ──aftermaths of a storm

tw. please read back on the tws
on the intro section. that will be
important for this chapter.

asari

"Fuck. I'm not dead," He let out.

My eyes shot wide, the surprise of his words catching me off-guard. I felt naïve sitting there, hoping to be of some aid when I wasn't even sure of what to say, what to do.

"Calum, let me get my phone," I brought out the words but I remained apprehensive, fearing that anything I'd try to do wouldn't amount to any decent help.

"No," He responded steadily, as though he'd rehearsed that one word and now had said it perfectly. "We can't," He lied back on the couch and rested his hands over his eyes.

His forehead sheened with sweat, his lips dried and cracked, exposing vulnerable red skin beneath. I couldn't sugarcoat that he looked like shit.

I took my stand and started heading for the door where my purse hung, immediately hearing Calum's footsteps behind me.

"What are you doing?" He quickly inquired as I opened my purse and brought my phone out.

"Calling nine-one-one," I answered stubbornly, giving him a mad look as I clicked on the keypad.

In a swift motion, Calum's hand swooped in in front of me and grabbed my phone. When I looked up, instead of the anger I expected to be portrayed in his eyes, all I recognised was deep worry,tear-glazed and afraid.

All this and still I didn't understand.

"Calum," I said with whatever strength I had in me. "You just relapsed. You cannot just go on about as though nothing happened. Give me back my phone," I opened up my palm and threw a furrowed look at him, hoping that he'd see this as me expecting him to return my phone.

But he gulped, eyes falling to the washroom door beside us. Before I even knew what was happening, he lunged forward pushed it open, letting my phone fall to the floor, his knees landing on the tiles with a painful-sounding thud.

The sound of his sick splashing into the toilet immediately filled the silence, his gagging pulling on some heart string I hadn't even known could be pulled.

I walked in and opened the lights, my heart feeling as though it weighed twice as more. It became an annoyance in my chest, something I wished didn't feel as heavy as it did.

I took no regard of my phone and made my way to the kitchen, filling a glass with water and grabbing some a pack of biscuits along the way.

I should've been dialing 911 right at that moment, waiting for the ambulance to arrive, then seeing Calum get driven off to the hospital. At least it would assure me he'd be taken care of, that he wasn't just waiting to die in this sad apartment. But I would've felt dirty doing something against his wishes. So once again, I disregarded my phone as I walked over it to kneel right by him.

He closed the toilet cover and rested his head on it.

A sigh ensued out of him as he sniffed and tucked his knees into his chest.