Chapter 27. Unforeseen Chaos

Welcome back friends!

I was asked through a message what I pictured Yoshito's voice sounding like as I wrote his lines. And if you've ever watched One piece, you'll recognize Roronoa Zoro's English voice as the same person who voices All Might in My Hero Academia. That's who I picture. :)

Thanks for the question!~

IT'S A LONG ONE!~

                                                                   .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

For the next two weeks, Nana came by without missing a day. I carried on like normal, trying to act like I wasn't being observed and investigated. Though instead of watching from the shadows, she made her presence known by walking right into my daily life.

"I'm back!" she sang.

I didn't mind having a girl close to my age to hang around, but I wasn't sure exactly what was all being relayed back to the Hidden Sand. A part of me was kind of annoyed with the constant attention knowing full well that it was a double edged sword.

I shuffled the papers on the front desk as I looked up at her, pulling the schedule book open. She leaned up against the front counter with a smile, resting her chin on her perched arm. Today, her red mane fell loose below her shoulders, her dark eyes dull in comparison.

I glanced at the calendar, counting back the days.

"Two weeks, Nana. How long before you and the village stop watching me day and night?" I asked, sounding mildly irritated.

She shrugged.

"Hey it beats the alternative. Besides, this way we get to hang out!" she said with a teasing grin.

I glared at her and groaned.

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not going to do anything? I'm just here to survive!" I argued, walking around the counter to face her.

"We both are. It could be someone else coming out here everyday to observe you. This way, you still get your privacy."

I scoffed.

"How does this look like privacy to you? You've followed me around everywhere from the moment I start my day until I go in for the night. You've even stayed for dinner and eaten our food!"

She threw her hands up and shrugged.

"What can I say? You're a damn good cook," she said with a look of approval.

I facepalmed, shaking my head and straightening up before our next appointment was to show up. How long would it be like this?

"Look, the Hidden Sand doesn't take lightly to spies. So the fact that they haven't outright killed you just for being suspected of it is a good thing. The Kazekage isn't the nicest man. My reports have been keeping you from being swarmed by Sand shinobi so whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me. The least we can do is make the best of it," Nana explained, now resting her hand on her hip.

I clenched my fists at my sides, beginning to shake. Looking down at my feet, I let out a trembling breath.

"I just want to live. I can't go back to where I came from because that man will know I'm still alive. I almost died that day. He might come after me again," I whispered, feeling the fear begin to nestle into the pits of my stomach.

Nana went silent, an odd reaction since she normally joked, teased and giggled like a five year old about every little thing. She surprisingly took a step forward, resting a hand on my shoulder.