In her past life, she had served tea on the second day of her marriage. She heard what Mo Xuemin said earlier and had especially chosen a brightly colored dress and wore almost all her jewelry. However, the Duchess had only said one thing, "Ugly people always make more trouble!" Then, she left her tea Mo Xuetong offered her by the side and got a servant waiting by the side to give Mo Xuetong a bangle.

It was inauspicious to give newlyweds things in single digits.

Her Mother-in-law had given her a single bangle on the second day of her marriage. It showed how much the woman disliked Mo Xuetong!

"You don't need to worry. You just need to go to the palace to meet my father. I heard that the Empress fell ill last night. She even stopped the other consorts from visiting her." Feng Yuran smiled and comforted her when he saw that she was slightly panicking.

Mo Xuetong was stunned, not because the Empress fell ill last night. After what happened yesterday, the Third Prince had almost no chance of getting onto the throne. The Empress had suffered such a blow, so it was normal for her to fall ill. What Mo Xuetong was surprised about was how he found out about what happened yesterday so quickly.

She had known long ago that Feng Yuran was not simple. However, she had never expected him to be so powerful. He knew about each and everything that happened within the palace.

"After we serve Father tea later, we just have to go to Cining Palace. The Empress Dowager's ailing body is getting better, on the other hand." Feng Yuran paused. Then, he said with a teasing lilt in his voice. "Just agree with whatever the Empress Dowager says later. You don't have to go against her. Since she wants to be an elder and cannot lose face, just push all the blame on me. Anyway, I am known to be arrogant and licentious."

He was worried that she might suffer at Cining Palace later, which was why he was giving her this advice now. Mo Xuetong understood and leaned into his chest. She nudged his chest with her face and smiled coyly while nodding. She felt so sweet inside it was as if she had drunk honey. There was no one who had protected her so wholeheartedly ever before. He treated her so carefully and dotingly as if she were really a fragile treasure in his hands. She smiled, in a good mood, and leaned into him.

"Alright, I will listen to you."

Feng Yuran looked at how coyly Mo Xuetong was behaving and could not help but laugh. He knew that the closer she was, the more he wanted her, and the less he was able to restrain himself. However, he really wanted to be close to her. It was when he could feel, more than ever, how she was truly by his side.

"You'll listen to me?" He asked softly, reaching out to hold and knead Mo Xuetong's soft, tiny, and slender hands.

He dragged his words our really long as if he was thinking about something. His heart itched and he felt an indescribable sense of discomfort. She flushed and glared at him, saying, "We are talking about something serious!"

"How is this not serious? A wife goes wherever her husband goes. Can I, a husband, not make my wife listen to me?" He said seriously. Feng Yuran suddenly felt that the air had become thin as he looked at the angry little face. Her pink lips were fatally attractive and they attracted his attention wholly.

He had always been proud of his calmness and self-restraint, but they had all disappeared. He could not help but laugh bitterly to himself. If it had been any other woman who was stark naked in front of him, he would not have any reaction. Only Tong'er, when he saw her, he wanted to tease her, hug her, and... Furthermore, she seemed ripe for the picking. How could he not be overwhelmed by desire? Yet, he had promised not to touch her while she mourned for her mother.