chapter thirty one ; epilogue.

Start from the beginning

She went and sat next to Joe, who also hugged her. "I guess that it's my turn now," he told her as he kissed her on the cheek. He stood up, pulling out a piece of paper from his pocket. Taylor knew that she was going to cry - there was no doubt about it. Thea slipped from her chair and wanted to sit on Taylor's lap. She was so proud of what a good girl she was being, she hadn't complained once, not even when she was having to stay up past her bedtime. Rosa had told them that Thea could go and sleep in one of the rooms whenever she felt tired, but Thea didn't want to miss out on anything.
"I didn't know how I wanted to start this speech, because quite frankly, I just don't think that there are words that do this moment justice... and we've been waiting for this moment for a long time now." The crowd laughed, and Taylor hugged Thea, resting her head on hers. "And life got the better of us. It was meant to happen earlier last year - and then we found out that Taylor was pregnant with the twins, and we pushed it further into the future. But here we are." He paused, looking at Taylor and smiling. "I first saw Taylor, standing in the opposite corner of the room, wearing a mirrorball dress, her hair bleached and black lipstick on her lips. I saw her and I knew that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I knew that, even from all the way across the room, her eyes sparkled. It was actually Patrick, who first told me about a golden string. It was Patrick that told me that the golden string would be there for me to follow, but it wouldn't be for another three years, that I'd finally reach the end of the golden string. It was Wednesday, a couple of weeks before Christmas, and we met at a cafe. I knew, as soon as I called her name and she turned to face me, that I wanted to spend eternity with her, but even then, I don't know if that's enough time. It hasn't always been easy - there have been many trials and tribulations that we've been through, but we've faced them all together." Joe turned to face her, and she felt the tears begin to come as she saw Joe wipe away a tear of his own. "Taylor, love, I never could have done it without you. You've been there every single night since then, fighting away my nightmares and grey skies. And, like your father, I don't think that there is a single moment that I can tell you has made me the most proud. But I think... I think that it might be seeing you with Thea, Nora and Luca. I don't think anything makes me happier than watching you with them, watching you read books to Thea before bedtime, or go exploring the beach for mermaids with her." Thea perked up at the sound of her name, sitting up a little bit before wrapping her arms around Taylor. "There's just too many reasons to be proud of you." He choked up in this part. "I wake up every single day and I wonder what I did to deserve you. I still don't know the answer to that one." Taylor couldn't help but cry too - because she wondered what she did to end up bathing in happiness, wondered why she deserved someone as incredible as Joe. "You're just... you always search for daylight everywhere you go... and I don't even think you realise, that you are the daylight."

-

The End.

I can't believe that this is it.

I think that this has been my absolute favourite book to write out of all of them, because it's just... golden.

Firstly, I would like to thank StellaSternchenStar for being the person that kept me going, kept me inspired to write and felt so excited for me. I couldn't have done this without her, and she has been the daylight that has kept me going!
You really don't know how much I appreciate you listening to me going on and on about my ideas, about everything to do with this story, and the next! Thank you for making a list of your favourite Taylor lyrics that I could use for the next book cover and title, thank you for staying up late talking to me and being so beautiful, inside and out!
You're the best, and I hope you know that you are golden, like daylight 💛

Secondly, everyone else! I also couldn't have done this without you - because all of your lovely comments, your votes and your lovely words, they mean so much to me. I can't even describe how much these stories have changed my life, because of you guys. You are all so beautiful and I love you all so much! Thank you for being excited for me, for commenting lovely things that make me smile so much! You don't know how much you guys have helped me through things lately. You're amazing, and I couldn't have done this without you guys at my side 💛

Okay. This was supposed to be the last book in the series...

BUT I love it all too much to give it up, so there's going to be another book! It is set about 8-9 years after this book - so get ready for some teenaged Thea action! I'm so excited to finally share this book cover with you all, because I've have had it done for a while, waiting and waiting! And here we are!

BUT I love it all too much to give it up, so there's going to be another book! It is set about 8-9 years after this book - so get ready for some teenaged Thea action! I'm so excited to finally share this book cover with you all, because I've  have...

Thank you for being there for me, and I can't wait to see you all in my next book! Thank you for being so kind when I couldn't always update on time, or reminding me to be kind to myself. I can't thank you all enough for everything 💛

Book Five is currently published on my page 💛✨

Lots and lots and lots of golden love,
laura 💛✨