c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o

soobin pov:

"noona, since appa and eomma will be coming soon, i'll go for work first okay? if not i'll be late," i said. "okay dongsaeng, see you later today then," she said. "bye noona," i said as i waved to her. i left the hospital and went back home to change into a new set of clothes before going for work. 

>> short time skip >>

after a short shower, i took my stuff and left for work. "good morning," y/n greeted. "morning," i greeted back. "is sooyoung unnie feeling better?" she asked. "mhm, and now my dad and mom are on the way to the hospital to accompany her. if you want, we can go visit her during lunch?" i asked. "sure," y/n replied. 

i sat in my seat as i looked at the work for today. ah gosh, double the amount. since i spent the whole afternoon in the hospital yesterday, i had yesterday's and today's work to do. "soobin, mr kim is calling you in," jae-na told me. "me? okay," i said as i made my way into mr kim's office. 

"mr kim, you called for me?" i asked. "yes soobin, have a seat here," he said. i took a seat in the seat he pointed to as he started saying whatever he needed to. "soobin, why weren't you here the whole of yesterday's afternoon?" he asked. "sorry mr kim, my sister got into an accident yesterday and i was with her in the hospital. i'm really sorry for not letting you know in advance. it won't happen again," i said. 

"no soobin, it's not about that. i get it that you love your sister a lot and you want to be by her side when she's in the hospital. what i'm angry about is that you left without completing your work. you were meant to input the prices of the individual clothings into the catalog which would be sent to every household yesterday! do you know, because of that, the catalogs could not be sent! and we suffered a big loss! who's going to pay for that loss?" he asked. 

"i'm really sorry mr kim. i didn't know-" "that's not an excuse to just leave your work lying! if you knew that you were going to be out of the office for the whole of the afternoon, at least get someone to complete the work for you? soobin, you've been working here for six years already, i'm sure you know how things are done very well. either you pay for the loss we suffered or pack your bags, choose one," he said. "how much is the loss?" i asked.

"50,000,000W. that's how much we lost. can you afford it? can you?" he asked. 50,000,000W? my bank barely has 5,000,000, how am i- screw it, guess i have to quit then... "sorry mr kim, i cannot afford it. i will pack my bags and leave immediately," i said. "okay, all the best for your future," he said as i stood up and left the room. 

sangmin pov:

i will make you mine, choi soobin. no matter what, i'll make you learn that only with me will you be able to achieve success and be happy...

a.n lmao this is a weird chap again-