c h a p t e r e i g h t

>> time skip to next day >>

soobin pov: 

*dream land LMAO IT'S WEIRD ._.*

"let's go for lunch y/n," i said. "sure, we're gonna pick your sister up right?" she asked. "yeah, i'm so excited," i said. we packed our stuff and left the office. we got onto a taxi as i told the driver to bring us to the airport. 

on the car, we talked and talked about our families. i learnt about how y/n's parents were divorced and she lives with her mom and her stepdad. they divorced when she was three and her mom soon remarried. she had a sister too but her sister went with her dad while she followed her mom. 

i also shared about how i still live with my parents, my mother suffers from dementia but my father, who still loves her dearly, takes care of her each and every day. they're a loving couple, even though my mother occasionally forgets me and my father, my father would tell her stories of them in the past and she would soon remember us again. 

soon, we reached the airport as we got off the taxi. we went to find which terminal my sister was landing on as we went to a nearby bench to sit. i decided to listen to music while waiting for her. "what are you listening to?" y/n asked. "oh i'm listening to bebe rexha, she's my favourite singer," i said. 

"oo sounds good, can i listen too? i didn't bring my headphones since they weren't allowed to be used in the office," she said. "sure," i said, plugging one side of my earpiece into her ears. we both started vibing to the music and i was sure people around us were judging us but i didn't really care. 

suddenly, an announcement was made in the airport. "flight SQ938 coming from united states has unfortunately crashed. some of the commuters are injured, others are dead. we will bring these commuters to the hospital as soon as possible. we are sorry for the inconveniences caused." what? i immediately checked my phone. 

she was on SQ938... no... my sister, the one who loved me the most, the one who doted on me the most, is now at the verge of dying... how i wish it was me in there instead, nothing must happen to sooyoung... (a.n lmao is there anyone called this i honestly don't know, i just had to start with a choi soo smth and i just thought of young so choi sooyoung i guess)

*end of dream*

NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN! i was shocked awake as i looked around, i was still on my bed, it was still my room ceiling i was looking at, that's good. i looked at the clock, 7.30 a.m. that's earlier than usual... i took my phone and looked through my notifications. 

noona

it's so long ever since i've
seen you, how are you?
~11 pm 12/05/21

i'm coming back from
the states tomorrow! 
~11.01 pm 12/05/21

i'll be on SQ938, be sure
to pick me up alright?

~11.01 pm 12/05/21

my plane will land at
1.35 p.m, i'll be waiting
for you, okay? 😃😃
~ 11.02 pm 12/05/21

i'm going onto the plane
now, see you soon!  😁
~ 12 am 13/05/21

she's really coming back, could my dream be coming true? no, it can't happen! SQ938, isn't it same as in the dream? NO! NOTHING MUST HAPPEN TO SOOYOUNG NOONA! i immediately replied to her message.

noona, please be safe
Sent - 7.31 am 13/05/21

i still want to eat the tteokboki you cook!

Sent - 7.31 am 13/05/21

a.n lmao idk this chapter was getting a little longer so i ended it here lmaooo