c h a p t e r f o u r

>> back to work >>

y/n pov:

we all paid money at the restaurant and went back to the office. it was 1.55pm, just on time. we went back to our individual seats and sat down. time to continue work... 

i started doing my work and i plugged in my earphones. i remember sangmin telling me that it was okay to plug in earphones while working. suddenly, mr kim walked over as i turned to look at him, removing one side of my earphones.

"mr kim?" i asked. "who told you that you could use headphones during work?" he asked. "sangmin said it was okay to do so," i said. "hm really? sangmin come here," he said as sangmin came over. 

"did you tell her that headphones were allowed in work?" he asked. "no mr kim, i would never. we all know how important focus in work is to you, how could i say such a thing?" she said. what? i remembered her saying that earphones were okay.

"do you hear that, ms park y/n? headphones are not allowed, so please get those away. this serves as your first warning, if i see you listening in work again your pay will be deducted alright? now both of you get back to work," he said. i saw a smirk appear on sangmin's face as she walked back to her seat.

did she do that on purpose? but why even? do i even know her? no. then why is she treating me like that? i continued doing my work as i unplugged my earphones my phone and kept them back into my bag. i better do my work properly, if not it might leave mr kim a bad impression on me. 

>> smol time skip heh (2h+ idk-) >> 

sangmin walked to my table as she said, "y/n, complete these." "okay," i replied as she passed me the files but before i took the files over, she let go as they fell on me, with one of the sharp ends scratching my arm. "oops sorry, guess my hand slipped. are you okay?" she asked. "yeah. i'll finish the work and pass it to mr kim later," i said. "no just return them to me, that'll do," she said as she went back to her table. 

sangmin pov:

the headphones weren't enough. it wasn't bad enough. i'm not content. what else should i do to her? it's only the first day, i'll torture her till she doesn't dare to even come back tomorrow. but what can i even do to her?

i looked around the table as my gaze fell on a pile of files. an idea immediately popped into my head. yes, this should do the work. we all do the same work, and mr kim always reprimanded me for work that wasn't good. it wasn't bad, just that other people did too well which made my mediocre work look bad. 

let's see how good y/n is... i took the files and went over to her table. "y/n, complete these," i said, passing the files to her. "okay," she replied as i immediately let go of the files as they fell on her. the files weren't heavy, but the edges were sharp, sharp enough to cut through her skin. 

"oops sorry, guess my hands slipped. are you okay?" i asked, feigning care. "yeah. i'll finish the work and pass it to mr kim later," she said. shit- if she tells mr kim, i might be busted. it's my work, if he knows i let y/n do, my job contract's gonna end up in the dustbin. 

"no, just return them to me, that'll do," i said. with that, i turned around and went back to my seat. that honestly was great to watch, looking at those files fall on her and her frantically picking up. but it wasn't enough. i need more...

soobin pov:

"y/n, complete these," i heard sangmin say. why is sangmin assigning work to y/n? she isn't even in a higher position. "okay," i heard y/n reply as it was silent for a little while. i heard the sound of things falling as sangmin asked, "oops sorry, guess my hands slipped. are you okay?" 

"yeah, i'll finish the work and pass it to mr kim later," y/n replied as sangmin immediately replied, "no, just return them to me, that'll do." that sounds so suspicious. why is sangmin even assigning work??? and by hearing the sounds from the stuff that dropped, there was quite a bit of stuff. 

talking about the stuff that dropped, is y/n okay? i looked over to her, she was looking at her arm. i squinted my eyes and taking a closer look, there was a small scratch there. i looked through my drawers and found my plasters. "here, you'll need this," i said, passing a plaster to her.

"thanks," she said, getting the plaster out and sticking it onto the wound. "were those assigned by sangmin?" i asked. "yeah, but it's fine, i've already finished my work for the day," she replied. already??? she does work so fast. i haven't even finished 3/4 of my work-