c h a p t e r n i n e

soobin pov:

i continued packing my stuff and i left the house. "goodbye eomma and appa!" i called out. "goodbye soobin, have a great day, work well and eat well alright?" my father said. "yes appa, i'll get going now," i said. 

>> small time skip >>

soon, i reached the office and all my fear left me as soon as i saw y/n. "good morning y/n!" i greeted. "morning, someone's in a good mood huh?" she asked. "yep, my sister's coming back from the states! oh, do you want to meet her? i'm sure she'd love to meet you," i said. "sure, i don't have any plans for later anyway, when's she coming back?" she asked.

"later in the afternoon, i think it's during break time. we can pick her up at the airport and grab lunch together?" i asked. "sure," she replied. "okay, then i'll call you for lunch, i'll go do my work first!" i said. i went to my seat and soon started doing work.

y/n pov:

i entered the office and sat in my seat. i looked at the stuff on the table, there's more work. guess i should start work early if i want to leave early... i opened the first file and started doing it like how soobin taught me yesterday.

soon, soobin walked in. "good morning, y/n," he greeted happily. "morning! someone's in a good mood huh?" i asked. "yep, my sister's coming back from the states! oh, do you want to meet her? i'm sure she'd love to meet you," he said. "sure, i don't have any plans for later anyway, when's she coming back?" i asked.

"later in the afternoon, i think it's during break time. we can pick her up at the airport and grab lunch together?" he asked. "sure," i replied. though we only knew each other for a day, we somehow felt so close, so familiar. somehow, i even agreed to meeting his sister. "okay, then i'll call you for lunch, i'll go do my lunch first!" he said as he went to his seat as he looked through the files. i also continued to do my work i was working on. 

>> lunch time >>

"hey y/n, it's break time, let's get going?" soobin asked. "sure," i said, "one moment i'm almost done." i quickly wrapped up what i was doing and i got my purse. we went to the nearest taxi stand and we got onto a taxi soon enough. i told the driver to bring us to the airport as he nodded his head and started the car engine. 

on the car, we talked and talked about our families. i learnt about how y/n's parents were divorced and she lives with her mom and her stepdad. they divorced when she was three and her mom soon remarried. she had a sister too but her sister went with her dad while she followed her mom.

i also shared about how i still live with my parents, my mother suffers from dementia but my father, who still loves her dearly, takes care of her each and every day. they're a loving couple, even though my mother occasionally forgets me and my father, my father would tell her stories of them in the past and she would soon remember us again.

isn't this exactly what happened in the dream? please don't tell me the dream is coming true... nothing must happen to sooyoung noona...

a.n once again cuz of wordcount, i decided to end this chapter hehe