i got you

You were working on your photography assignment, going through some of the pictures you'd gotten since Halloween. There were some of Sasha and Niccolo cooking, a couple of Jean looking up at a tall building, one of Connie dangling from a tree like a monkey, and one of Mikasa studying, the light pouring from the window and causing a light haze.

It was crazy how close you had gotten with these guys in a matter of months. Sasha was your roommate and you were glad you two had gotten close, but Marco had really become your best friend. And Connie...

"Hey!" Marco walked over to you and pulled out the chair, settling into it. You were in a coffee shop on campus, one that was pretty popular among the students.

"Hey," you smiled and shut your laptop, your eyes meeting his curious expression.

"So why did you want to meet?" He asked as his brown eyes narrowed.

"I have something to tell you and you're kind of like my best friend," you placed your elbows on the table as the bottom of your chin rested in your hands, a small smirk on your face.

Marco's eyes widened before he leaned forward, saying, "No fucking way."

"I kissed him."

Marco could barely contain himself but made sure not to draw too much attention to the two of you as he did his famous celebratory dance.

"When?!" You laughed at his excitement and started to tell him about the two dates you went on after Halloween.

Connie and you hadn't really been able to hang out much since then because of school, but it was nice to get the time with him when you could.

"So is it official?" Marco eyed you and you shrugged. Connie also hadn't really said anything about being girlfriend and boyfriend and you'd really only been on two dates.

"That's something I'll have to bring up next time we see each other," you sighed and Marco tilted his head, picking up on your questioning tone.

"Something the matter?"

"No, we just haven't had the opportunity to hang out for a while because of school, and I really want to see him," you mentioned and Marco nodded his head, understanding.

"Well, I know that'll he be at Sasha's til late tonight. He went back with her to visit her parents and siblings for the day after they finished classes," Marco leaned back into the chair, his gaze averting up to the ceiling as he admired the the mini metal chandelier.

"Connie did tell me about his family," you whispered and Marco fell silent. He looked at you warmly, knowing how intense the story was.

"You good?" He asked.

"It's not me we should be worried about. This isn't about me. I'm just worried about him. I could never imagine going through something like that."

"Connie does hide his pain a lot. Sasha's told us that he used to be a lot happier. He still kinda is, as he's the goof of our friend group, but you can just see it-"

"Behind his eyes," you finished for Marco and he let out a rough chuckle at that.

"Man, you really are observant, aren't you? I'm scared to see what you've noticed about me," he switched the topic of the conversation smoothly and you leaned forward, narrowing your gaze.

"I have been wondering something but I also don't want to assume because I know that's just as hurtful," you lowered your voice and Marco's brown eyes lit up, a small smile forming on his lips.

"I know what you're talking about."

"You do?"

"Yes, I'm gay," he grinned and gestured to himself.