red solo cup

THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER LONG BUT THERE'S A LOT I WANTED TO ADD IN IT DUE TO THE MATERIAL!!

Sahsa had curled your hair for tonight and done your makeup and you couldn't lie that she was amazing at cosmetics. The red dress she gave you to borrow was suddenly extremely uncomfortable to wear, probably because you were so nervous about what others would think when you knew it shouldn't matter. Like Connie said, just have fun. You took a deep breath and fidegted with the rings on your fingers, waiting for Sasha to finish up.

"Connie's almost here, can you get the door when he knocks?"

"Yeah," you looked up at the ceiling and sighed, staring at the blank vastness of white paint. You wondered if anyone had ever painted the walls of the dorms before. They desperately needed some color, but getting suspended was not something you could afford.

A quiet knock pulled you from your thoughts and you leapt to your feet, opening the door to reveal a cleaned up Connie Springer. He was wearing a white graphic tee with a gray and white photo of a forest along with a black jacket hanging over his arm. His jeans were black with rips in them and he was wearing a pair of red converse to add some color. A black beanie was fit snuggly on his head, his hair barely visible now.

"What?" He prompted as he caught you staring at him.

"Nothing," you stated, turning away from him and flopping back onto your bed as you and Connie both waited for Sasha to finish.

"You know, you two can talk," Sasha suggested as she started putting mascara on. You and Connie both looked at each other but the silence remained for a little while longer.

"We're matching," he gestured at you, a small smile on his lips. You looked down at your dress and shrugged saying, "I guess." The silence continued and it was very uncomfortable.

Sasha looked at you two expectantly, waiting for more of conversation to happen, but nothing came. "Okay... well, I'm done anyways," she screwed the mascara wand back into the tube and stood up, smoothing out her tight red skirt and adjusting her black crop top. Connie stepped over to her and helped her adjust the straps a little, holding his hands out as he leaned back, taking in her entire outfit.

"Good?" Sasha's eyebrows were shot up in hope.

"Good," he nodded his head and turned to you, motioning to follow him out to his car.

Once you reached the lobby and stepped outside, you didn't anticipate how chilly it would be. Your arms were wrapped tightly around your chest, your teeth chattering. You didn't know how Sasha could stand the cold like this and be absolutely fine.

Connie took notice of you and handed you his black jacket as you walked to the car. You must've looked surprised because he rolled his eyes, whispering, "I'm not a complete asshole." It made you feel a little bad, but it's not like there was much kindness you'd experienced from him.

"Come on you slowpokes!" Sasha hollered as she pulled at the front passenger handle, her impatience slightly amusing.

"Could you be patient for two seconds?" Connie answered before pulling his keys out and unlocking his car. It was a black jeep, probably no older than a 2012. How did you know this? Your parents owned the same car.

You opened the door to the back passenger seat and plopped inside, scooching to the middle so it'd be easier to converse to the two on your way to the party. Connie stuck the key into the ignition, turned it, and the car rumbled alive. Sasha smacked his arm as he revved the engine a little bit and you just rolled your eyes.

"Buckle up," Connie commanded, his honey eyes staring at you from the rearview mirror, a devilish grin on his face.

Oh no.