sorry not sorry

It had been a few days after you hung out with Sasha's friends at the Titan Café. You had been busy the rest of the week, so going out hadn't been an option. Yet, you and Sasha started talking more, and a real friendship was blossoming between the two of you.

"Hey Y/N, I wanted to ask you something," Sasha flopped down onto your bed, grabbing one of the pillows and pulling it up to her chest.

"Shoot," you replied, opening your closet door, hanging up the clothes you had just washed.

"There's a party going on tomorrow night and I was wondering if you'd wanna go? I don't know if parties are really your thing but I thought I'd ask," you paused for a moment, wondering how you should reply.

Parties really weren't your thing, but you also didn't want Sasha to think you were no fun. Biting your lip, you nodded your head, happy to see an excited grin flash across her face. She jumped up and hugged you, surprising you with her brute strength.

"This'll be so much! Do you have something to wear?" Sasha's brown eyes were wide with excitement, the energy pouring off of her in waves.

"Um...not really," you chuckled, gesturing to the closet of mostly sweatshirts, t-shirts, and sweaters behind you.

Sasha furrowed her brows and rushed over to her side, pulling out a short ruby dress. It didn't seem tight and was flowy, something you'd be more comfortable in. "Here, try this on," she pushed the dress into your arms and motioned for you to change.

You took off your clothes, your back turned to Sasha so she couldn't see your front side and pulled the dress over your head. Once it was on you turned around for her to examine.

"Hmm..." She put a finger up to her mouth, tapping her bottom lip. Sasha then pulled your scrunchie out, putting the band around her wrist. She played around with your hair for a bit before pulling you over to her side of the room, pushing you down onto her chair.

She opened the top drawer on the left side of her desk to reveal a clutter of makeup and makeup tools. She grabbed all sorts of things and plopped them down onto the desk. "Hold still, this should only take a second."

You bit the inside of your cheek but let Sasha do her thing because you trusted in her skills. You never liked how makeup looked on you, but you believed it was because you never learned how to do it well. Putting it on and making it look good seemed to be an impossible task, so usually your mom would help. But she couldn't be here 24/7 to do it and it wasn't like you had all the time in the world to sit down and learn. Besides, makeup was expensive and it was hard to find the right shades and colors to match your skin and undertone.

After an hour or so, Sasha gave you the okay. You opened your eyes and turned to look at yourself in the mirror, only to see a stranger staring back. It was still you...but a you with defined features.

"I think you look hot," Sasha exclaimed and your cheeks flushed from the remark. Nobody had ever called you hot before.

At that moment there was a knock at the door. Sasha squealed and ran over to it, yanking the door open to reveal the one and only: Connie Springer. Quickly, you ran over to your side of the room and tried to keep yourself busy as you continued to hang your clean clothes. You didn't want him to see you like this. It was Connie.

"Also, Y/N said she would be coming to the party tomorrow night. I expect you to be on your best behavior," you could hear Sasha teasing him, though there was some truth to it.

"Y/N, I'm going out with Connie and Jean for a little bit, I'll be back around midnight, okay?" Sasha called and the door shut before you could even respond. You didn't mind though as you let out a sigh of relief. You took off the red dress and draped it over your chair, putting a pair of grey sweatpants and a blue sweatshirt on. Once you were comfy, the bed was calling your name, so you decided that you'd wash your face later.