8

"To the world you may be just one person, but
To one person you may be the world" -Dr. Seuss
________________________________

After a few days passed, it was time for parent teacher conference. The teachers were going to discuss about our grades and test scores to our parents. My mom would be the only one coming, since my father and her got a divorce when I was younger.
I don't remember much of him, and we only have a picture or 2 stashed away somewhere in the house. She doesn't really talk about him much so I never ask. I don't want her to feel sad or be in pain because of me.

My grades are probably in the middle where I'm not super smart like suho but I'm not failing classes either. My mom doesn't really make a big deal out of my grades. As long as I pass, I'm fine.

Soojin's father, on the other hand, had always cared about her grades a little too much. If she went even a little bit down, he would yell at her and even hit her. I tried to stop this from happening, I even told her to report it but she's being stubborn. This is not a father's love if you ask me.
Jukyung's mother came in today and fangirled over Suho's father apparently. Suho looked like he didn't want to be here after seeing his father. I read somewhere on the news that he was the one who caused Se yeon to be kicked out. That explains why both Seojun and Suho dislike him so much.
After school I decided to go to Soojin's house and then to Gowoon's. I've gotten closer to her after the performance she had at the school festival.
Gowoon asked me and Jukyung to come over and hang out so I gladly accepted.
I linked arms with Soojin and entered her house. Just when we took off our shoes, I heard her father yelling for her to come over. I don't think he knows that I'm accompanying her.
"Why did your grades drop from last time Soojin? Did I teach you to be like this?!" He came over and slapped her hard on the face.
Seeing her vulnerable and unable to do anything, I decided to take the matter into my own hands.

"Excuse me sir but you just crossed the line"

"What are you talking about ms.Kang? I'm lecturing my daughter about her grades. Step aside"
I crossed my arms and didn't budge. I noticed that I was slowly ticking his patience away. "There's a fair line between fatherly love and straight up abuse. And what you are doing is causing harm to your daughter and my best friend both physically and mentally."
"I'll appreciate it if you kept your bad words and actions to yourself. Or the next time it happens, we will report you."
I pulled Soojin up from the ground and we went upstairs to her room, leaving her father alone to think and hopefully reflect.
"Babes you didn't need to do that, I can handle it myself" Soojin argued.
I looked at her softly and said "if this happens again don't hesitate to call me or the police if it gets too bad"
" your grades don't define you. you better not believe or listen to the insults he spits out, got it?"
"Now come here" I gave her the last hug for today before I left the household.
As I arrived at Gowoon's house, Jukyung had already settled in with the makeup products scattered on the floor.
"Wahh Jukyung can be a makeup artist in the future" I said and Gowoon agreed with me nodding her head. Just as I was about to open up my phone, I saw Seojun come out of his bedroom dancing.
All of our jaws dropped watching him in his robe and leopard print underwear.
He was dancing singing "okey dokey yo is that true, YES!" And splashing water over his head.
I guess he was having his own mini concert.

If I wasn't so flustered right now, I would have enjoyed the view.
Once he noticed our presence he pretended to act all calm and then panicked in his room once it was locked. "We didn't see anything!" Jukyung reassured but I wanted to tease him a little more.
"Love your underwear choice Seojun! I have a matching one at home too!" They quickly muffled my voice with their hands as I continued laughing my ass off.
We stayed until the sun went down and night was slowly approaching. Seojun came out because he had to walk us to the bus stop. The tips of his ears had turned red and he couldn't make eye contact for a while.
"You look pretty cute right now seojun. Acting all shy" I snickered. "Didn't expect you to be home doing all that. You know it doesn't match your bad boy demeanor"
He looked up at me with newly found confidence and whispered near my ear "but you were the one who looked the longest Haewon. Did you enjoy the view?" he smirked at my reaction as I quickened my steps and linked arms with Jukyung who was walking a little ahead of us.
Why is he so smooth with his comebacks sheesh

Jukyung went on the bus and I decided to walk home since their house wasn't too far from mine.
Just as I was about to put my headphones in, I heard distant footsteps trailing behind me.
Think fast think fast. If I look back they will know that I know they are following me.

I quickened my steps and the footsteps behind me got faster and louder as well. At this point I was straight up a panicking mess trying to find something to defend myself with.
I rummaged through my backpack trying to grab my pepper spray or a random heavy textbook to wack the person's head with.
Before I knew it, my future kidnapper grabbed me from behind and turned me around. I yelled loudly as I blurted out every curse word on the top of my head. I thrashed around kicking as much as I could but no use.
I'm done for, goodbye to all my future plans, goodbye to my best friends at school, and goodbye to Seojun an-
"Kang Haewon! Open your darn eyes. It's me Han Seojun" I heard a familiar voice shaking my shoulders and I finally pieced two and two together. "So much for trying to scare you"
Just like how he said, Seojun was the one holding me tightly. I opened my eyes and his expression softened seeing tears welling up in my eyes.
"You scared me to death you jerk" I placed my hand to my heart as I tried to calm it down from beating too fast.
"I had expected you to react a little different, didn't expect you to get scared so easily" he wiped away my tears with his sleeve and I glared at him.
"I can't even feel my legs now Seojun. they gave out on me" my legs felt jelly, just like in those dreams you have where you can't seem to walk or run away when someone's chasing you.

He turned around and bent down a little bit motioning for me to get on his back. I smiled in victory and got on carefully.
He walked quietly and I secretly admired his face features from up close. Even if it won't be me, his future girlfriend is hella lucky.
"You can put me down now, my legs have recharged and plus, I'm probably really heavy" I tried to get off of him but his grip on my thighs got stronger.
"Stay put Haewon, you're as light as a feather. And I deserve this after scaring you like that"
My heart fluttered at his words and I buried my now rosy cheeks in his jacket. I was falling hard for this man, maybe a little too fast
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.