Chapter 2

By an unexpected turn of events, Zuma found himself nose-to-nose with Ella, while Abby and Patch shared a similar awkward moment, causing all four of them to blush. Oddly enough, Chase was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sorry," the person responsible for the commotion intervened as he removed the cart that had caused the mishap, revealing Chase squished between the cart and the wall.

"How did this happen?" Abby inquired.

"I forgot to lock the wheels," the individual confessed frantically.

"Release him, Abby," Chase interjected, regaining composure. "I know you made similar mistakes when you were a rookie, like that one time when you..."

"Okay, enough," Abby interrupted, dismissing the person involved.

Exiting the elevator, they entered a room equipped with 100 seats and a large white screen.

"I don't see a projector," remarked Chase. "Is it camouflaged?"

"No," Abby explained as she pawed at her seat, causing the screen to illuminate. "We're experimenting with nanotechnology to replicate the human eye across every millimeter of the screen."

"So, there's an eye per millimeter?" Ella asked, puzzled.

"No, there are two," Abby clarified.

"So, this resolution is..." Chase began but halted as the movie commenced. Once it started playing, he concluded, "Normal."

"The movie's resolution isn't that great," Abby explained. "Cameras also have top resolutions, typically around 1080 pixels in newer versions. This movie is quite old, with average quality."

"After the movie," Patch started, "I've been curious since we raised the flag. What does the British flag signify on the boat?"

"Although we're part of the Canadian navy," Abby began, "we're still affiliated with the British navy due to a collaboration that led to this ship's repairs."

"So, if Britain and Canada both seek your aid, who do you assist?" Ella inquired.

"Canada financed 75% of the repairs, making us affiliated with the Canadian ensign instead of the British one," Abby explained, clearing the confusion.

A bell chimed on the deck, signaling Abby to rally everyone for the night call. They lined up as the crew commenced singing the British National Anthem.

After the night roll call, Abby delegated ship control to the night captain and readied preparations to welcome the HMS Firebird the next morning.

"What ship is the HMS Firebird?" Chase queried.

"That one over there," Abby pointed out, "and let me guess, it's arriving with a companion," Patch deduced.

"Yes!" Abby confirmed happily. "The HMCS Adventure is joining, along with the USS Good Way, an Aircraft Carrier that will transport you to Cruella's hiding place. But first, a good night's sleep."

Patch caught Abby's signal and pulled Chase aside to share something, while Abby guided Ella. Patch revealed his plan to help Zuma confess his feelings for Ella.

"Zuma," Patch began, "do you like Ella?"

The unexpected question caught Zuma off guard. Attempting to flee, he found himself subdued by Chase, who intervened. "Come on, tell me," urged Patch. "I promise not to tell anyone."

"Fine," Zuma relented. "Only if you tell me who you like."

Patch hesitated but then admitted, "I like Abby, but please don't tell her."