He nodded his head solemnly.

You know what, I don't care if I get in trouble. I'm not going to ruin a relationship.

"Nick, why don't you just fly out tonight?"

He narrowed his eyes at me. "We have that fashion show. Did you forget where we're going right now?"

"No. I mean, I don't have to go with a date."

"Uh, yes you do. It has to be me. The publicists said so, Jess."

I huff, getting annoyed that he wasn't following along very well.

"Nick, just leave on a flight tonight. Make up some shitty excuse that it's a family emergency. Actually, I'll tell them. Trust me, Nick."

He didn't object to this at all. He just stared at me incredulously, like he couldn't believe the words were coming from my mouth.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! I'm positive. I'm not going to break you and Jamie apart. Just do me a favor and fix things between you two."

A grin fell upon his face, his whole aura brightening. He said nothing else the rest of the ride to the back lot of the fashion event, just kept a smile on his face.

I didn't know how Jane would react to the fact that I told Nick to leave the state to go visit his real girlfriend. I don't think she'd be really mad, more upset maybe that I didn't tell her first.

When we arrived at the back lot, Robbie and Sal led me out of the car, Nick not following.

"Just remember, you can't control everything, Jess," Robbie spoke wisely.

Yeah, well this is one thing I can control.

We walk into one of the trailers and it's like a breath of fresh air when I see Meredith and Caroline.

"Long time, no see, Jess!" Care shouts and pulls me into a hug.

"I missed you guys," I said.

Meredith hugged me then sat me down on the chair. She ran her fingers through the ends of my hair. "Yeah, as did your hair."

I roll my eyes at her and scroll through my phone as they do whatever they were doing with my face makeup.

Caroline talks about how her husband was going to try and make it out to the first few shows in the UK. Just thinking about the new tour sent excited butterflies into my stomach.

"Where's Nick, honey?" she asked curiously, putting some dark purple lipstick on my lips.

"He had a family emergency," I lie swiftly.

Meredith, who was looking at me skeptically, spoke up. She picked up on the lie instantly. "No he didn't. Where is he?"

"On his way to Texas," I say quietly.

Caroline stepped back and laughed. I couldn't tell if she thought I was joking, or if she simply thought the situation was funny.

"Why the hell..." Mere started, crossing her legs.

I sigh. "Fine. He and his girlfriend have been fighting a lot and I felt bad. I told him to just go and visit her."

"And when did this get sorted out?" Caroline asked.

"Like ten minutes ago."

"Does Jane or any of Nick's people know?"

"No, and I don't know."

Caroline laughed some more and brushed some powder across my cheeks. Meredith shook her head.

"You're going to get in so much trouble. Maybe not by Jane because she loves you too much, but definitely your PR people," Mere instructed.