This was cozy.

The movie started, Skylar was twitching the entire time so I finally grunted because of the discomfort down there.She then gradually made herself comfortable.We were sharing a blanket and I hadn't realised.It was weird, being so close to her. Her familiar blueberry and citrus scent had invaded my senses.It felt so warm like I was with someone who knew me inside out.

We were an hour into the movie when Skylar's hair fell open, making her scent even stronger. She then stretched both her hands to tie it up. Oh boy, this is not going to be easy. I was getting turned on so I shifted to my side. I didn't want her to feel anything, much less embarrass myself. She gave me a weird look and continued with the movie.

--*--

The movie was over and Asher and Skylar were asleep.

"Ash, wake up. Let's get you to bed, big guy." Ava said, waking him up.

Emilia was already gone after saying her good nights.

"I assume, you'll take care of Sky?" Ava asked, looking back at me.

"Yeah." She nodded and left.

I picked her up and started towards her room. But before I could put her to bed, her eyes popped open.I was startled and dropped her on the bed.

"What the hell, Ethan?" She said rubbing her head.

"What? I was startled." 

She glared at me, nothing new. I walked away, not in the mood to start an argument.

I took a seat at her desk and started working on my laptop. I was done within half an hour, I looked around and realised there was no couch in the room. Where will I sleep?

"It's fine you can sleep on the bed. Don't worry I won't touch you." She said teasingly , without looking up from her phone. She has been awake? And how the hell does she know what I was thinking about?

I made my way to the bed and settled in. Aunt Eden was right , it had been raining heavily outside for the last three hours. Good thing we stayed.I looked at Skylar and she was still staring at her phone.

"Could you turn that off? The light is not helping me in falling asleep." I asked her.

"You're such a cry baby." She reluctantly put her phone away.

Before I could say anything there was a loud thunderclap outside. Skylar came closer to me with a shiver and she was holding my t shirt bunched up in her hand.

After realising, she cleared her throat and moved away. Suddenly I felt cold. Why is this happening? Whenever she comes close to me, I'm surrounded by warmth and the minute she gets away it gets cold, like an empty dark room.

"Sure, I'm the cry baby." I teased her.

"Shut up."

"I thought you weren't talking to me after what happened this morning." I decided to bring up the topic --very daring of me.

"Technically, I'm still not. You should apologise to me."

"I should apologise to you? You were the one who took my client."

"I didn't take your client , he willingly came to me to ask for a finishing."

"Yeah, well, you should've turned him away."

"Why would I refuse our client ? "

"Because , he is my client. I was the one assigned with the project. I was the one who designed the entire thing. I should be the one to conclude it."

"Have you noticed how many times you've said 'I' and 'My' in the last 1 minute. This just shows how self centred you are. Somethings are not about you--"

I opened my mouth but she put her finger on my lips.

"I'm not done yet. Despite whatever happened today , both of us were at fault. You should accept the fact that our companies have merged and we might cross paths from time to time. I on the other hand should've told you about this before taking it up and working on it."

I didn't say anything. I knew she was right.

"Fine, I'm sorry." I was being petulant, I know. But no one had ever told me off before , except my Dad and it was hard for me to accept the facts.

She finally gave me that beautiful smile that I was craving for since the evening, "I'm sorry too." I didn't say anything as she finally dropped her book and closed her eyes. She forgot to make the pillow border today but I didn't particularly mind.

She looked so calm with some of her hair strands falling around her face, she looked like an angel.But I stopped my thoughts right there--I can't look at her like that. Despite having a choice, she took the deal. Now both of us are shackled into this marriage, binding me to the company for a lifetime. I already gave up my dreams to support our family's empire and now I had to give up my personal life too. 

However, I still felt like  she was breaking down all my walls and reservations. Last week when she looked after me, I was surprised by her gesture. No one had cared for me like this in a long time. Did she actually care about me?

I wanted to care about her too, but I'm too afraid to get my feelings involved for nothing. Skylar doesn't care for me, she cares for the business. That's the only reason she married me and that's the only truth.

I looked at her parted lips, controlling my urge. I had not been with anyone for the last month , for the sanctity of this so called marriage. And in my heart deep down, I hoped she wasn't too.

I suddenly felt a hand on my chest , I didn't shove it aside and let it be there.