And then, almost without warning, Dean burst through the doors, the First Blade hanging in his right hand. He stood there for a moment, savoring the astonished look on Castiel's face. Then he began to walk towards the angel, almost like a wolf stalking a deer, a hungry look in his eyes.

"Hello, Castiel," he said, his lips twisting into a maniacal smile.

Castiel couldn't even remember the last time Dean had called him by his full name. He could feel the cold metal of his angel blade pressed against his arm under his sleeve. He was itching to let it slide out into his finger tips and attack, but he decided to continue with the "talk first, kill later" act Dean was playing. Dean stopped about five feet from Cas, sizing him up.

"What, no hello to an old friend?"

"Hello, Dean," Cas said stiffly.

"Where's Sammy? I want to be able to finish him off right after I'm done with you."

"I should have killed you once you found the Blade again," Castiel said, once again being reminded of his mistake.

But Dean just laughed at him. It wasn't his usual warm laugh that Cas was accustomed to, it was cold. It didn't even sound like Dean. And that gave Castiel an idea.

"Cas, you couldn't kill Abaddon, what makes you thing that you could even come close to killing me?"

Castiel's eyes fell to Dean's arm. The Mark glowed and pulsed bright red, tiny, inflamed blood vessels winding from it to his hand where he held the First Blade. It almost looked like a poison was being pumped throughout his body.

"Where is my brother?" Dean asked for the second time.

"You won't find him," Castiel answered.

Dean's eyes filled in with a black, inky color and his smile turned into a scowl. Those eyes pierced through Cas, as if they were penetrating deep into his Grace, trying to squelch out everything that made him pure, angelic. He let his angel blade slide out of his sleeve into his hand. Dean rushed towards him and their blades met. Dean threw a punch to Cas's face but he ducked out of the way, twisting his blade from the grip of the First Blade. Dean came at him again, his vengeance almost unmatchable. Cas knew that he would be unable to kill him with the angel blade, he had to somehow get a hold of Dean's. Dean kicked Cas in the stomach, a blow that sent him flying back against the wall. Cas stood, a bit shaky on his legs, and he could feel his power waning.

"Still losing that angel mojo, Cas?" Dean taunted.

Cas didn't respond. He was growing weaker and the bad news was it was very obvious to Dean. Maybe he could sense it, or maybe Cas just looked that tired, that defeated. He was almost drained of his borrowed Grace and there was no Crowely to kill another angel for him to replenish his diminishing supply. And Cas was not going to do that himself.

Dean showed no mercy for the dying angel. He took Castiel's coat collar in his hands and punched Cas in the face relentlessly, until he dropped to his knees.

"Dean," Cas gasped, "please this isn't you, it's the Blade. It's poisoning you."

Dean just laughed and raised his fist again, preparing his for another blow.

"This Blade is my destiny, Cas. This is all me."

"No it's not. I knew Dean, the real Dean. And he didn't believeindestiny," Cas spat.

Dean's eyes melted back to their normal color and he pinched the bridge of his nose, groaning. Cas was getting through to him.

"Dean it's me. It's Cas. You wouldn't hurt me like this."