Medical Mysteries

Luna had relayed the events in her mind over and over. She sat next to her sister in the medical wing. She occasionally glanced to her sister who was bandaged up and sleeping on a warm bed made for the Royal ponies in the castle who are brought to the medical wing. She wiped the sweat from her brow as she looked outside once again and increased the magic her horn was bringing out to raise the sun.

How could this have possibly happened to Celestia? She had a feeling her sister was hiding something. When she went into the dream realm she found herself unable to enter her sister's dreams. She was blocking her out. She had become distant with her and others since the Discord incident. The door to Celestia's room swung open and a guard trotted in with a spear. Giving Luna a quick bow before relaying his information.

"Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Elements request permission to see the Princess." He said. Luna nodded in agreement and he bowed again before leaving to guide Twilight and her friends to the room.

She looked back at her sister's sleeping face and quickly attempted to enter her dreams. She could at least feel her emotions. Anger. Fear. Sadness. All her dreams had those feelings now. But she still could see anything other than very blurry images before she was forcefully removed by some unseen force in her sister's mind.

"Princess Luna?"

Luna's eyes snapped open to see Twilight and her friends peaking into the room.

"Hello, Twilight Sparkle. Come in."

Twilight and her friends entered slowly and gasped once they saw the injuries on Celestia that weren't covered up by the blanket tucked around her body. Twilight examined the bandages that had some blood seeping through.

"I don't understand. I thought Alicorns had regeneration abilities..." She pointed out. Luna nodded in agreement and stood from her chair. Standing on the other side of her sister's bed, picking up her brush and carefully running it through Celestia's limp mane that was messy and full of knots.

"We do. But contrary to what the scientists claim. Our abilities to regenerate aren't as fasts as they claim. The best magic doctors and nurses have been helping heal my sister with their magic. Hopefully, she should be better in a few days." Luna explained.

"How did this happen, sugarcube?" Applejack asked. Luna shrugged as she finished brushing her sister's mane and placed the brush back down on the nightstand.

"We do not know. We were discussing matters of the summit with Arone-"

"Who's Arone?" Rainbow Dash asked with suspicion. "That isn't really a pony name."

"He is a unicorn. Celestia's personal assistant started a few months ago. Anyway. We were in the ballroom after an...Incident and Arone was telling us about Discord's-" Luna stopped and her eyes grew wide when she considered how this might have happened. "DISCORD! He must be behind this!"

"Ah, Princess." Twilight injected. "I have considered that option and I honestly don't think that even in Discord's evil form that he would injure her like this."

Luna growled and looked up at the sun with heartache.

"You weren't there when Discord returned. He hurt my sister badly. Although not as bad when he..."

"He...did what, darling?" Rarity asked. Luna blushed and looked away from the group before turning back to them.

"He...broke up with my sister when he first turned evil. It really affected her." She admitted with shame. Feeling guilty for reveal her sister's secret. Twilight let out a strangled cry to alarm and the rest of them looked at each other to confirm whether or not they heard what they think they heard.