Memories

Memories.

Sometimes they were even more painful than what the voice was inflicting on her. Celestia stared blankly at the medical magic books in front of her and soon found herself drawn into her memories. Memories she wished she could forget.

Celestia trotted through the castle of the two sisters. Back when it wasn't destroyed and left in ruin. She looked around, making sure that no pony was following her. Then she travelled deeper into the forest until she reached a large dark cave.

She hesitantly stepped into the cave. Her hoofsteps echoed across the walls.

"Dizzy?" She called out into the darkness.

A pair of yellow and red eyes opened deep in the cave. Staring back at her with a toothy smile. Celestia smiled once she recognized the eyes and trotted forwards without fear.

"Dizzy! I am so happy to see you!" She said as the Draconequus wrapped himself around her body playfully. Starting to play with her pink mane, much to her annoyance. "Dizzy! Cut it out!"

He started laughing, snapping his fingers, and appearing above her with a pink cloud. Pouring chocolate milk onto her white fur and pink mane.

"Oh, come now, Tia. Enjoy this!" He said with a big smile. Celestia rolled her eyes and attempted to move away but the cloud followed her movements.

"Discord!" Celestia spat out in growing irritation. "I need to be at the Galloping Gala in an hour! I really can't come in looking like...THIS!" She insisted. Shaking her body to try and fix her fur. Discord snapped away from the cloud and then twisted in a circle around her body. He gave her a pouting look.

"Aw, the Sun Princess isn't fun anymore!" Discord taunted as Celestia laid down and Discord cuddled closer to her.

"Look, it isn't that I am boring. It is just that I am trying to make sure I don't get in trouble with Father for coming in and looking like...Like..." Celestia insisted, starting to lose her train of thought.

"Like?" Discord asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well...I would rather not say." She concluded with a weak smile. Discord chuckled and wagged his lion finger at her.

"Like a peasant, you mean?" He suggested. Celestia blushed in embarrassment and looked away.

"W-Well, no! No!" Celestia lied as she lit up her horn to dry her body and mane. He laughed again, clenching his chest as if it was the funniest thing she had ever said.

"You are a terrible liar!"

"Anyway," Celestia said loudly. Trying to distract his attention to another subject. "I am here for an important reason! I was wondering if you would like to come to the Gala as my...ahh...Date."

Silence.

Discord stared back at her in shock. She had never seen him look so insecure and uncertain before.

"Well?" Celestia asked.

"Doesn't your Father and Mother hate me?"

"Yes, that is true. But, you are my friend! Friends hang out no matter what!" Celestia insisted. Discord looked away from her as if mentioning that they were friends was a bad thing. "Dizzy?"

"Celestia...I..." He uncurled himself from her and floated into the air. Unable to look at her eyes as he blushed. "I would like to be something more to you. More than a friend."

Celestia was having trouble processing this. She was a sheltered Alicorn at the age of 25. She didn't really have experience with being anything more than a friend. She blinked a couple of times. She was having trouble trying to figure out if this was a sick prank or not. It was true that she wanted to be more than friends with Discord but...The uncertainty of it all scared her.