Chapter 11

At school the next day, Joseph and I were walking to lunch together, until Anthony started walking towards us. I whispered to Joseph, "Go." Joseph ran to the cafeteria and Anthony went over to me, "Hey, babe."

I kissed Anthony back, "Hey." Anthony looked at me worried, "Are you okay?" I gulped nervously, "Yes, I'm perfectly fine." Anthony and I suddenly made out in the hall.

I said nervously to Anthony, "See you at lunch," and I ran into the cafeteria, standing in line with Joseph. Joseph looked at me and grabbed food for lunch, "I know you're not okay, Aquafina." I looked down and said to Joseph, "I'm concerned about you, Joseph. You're completely different now."

Joseph sighed and played with his fingers, "I was in the darkest point of my life mentally when we broke our relationship off, so I completely changed who I was because I lost track of who I actually was without you."

I slightly blushed then looked at Joseph, "Tell me everything I need to know about you. We have the time." Joseph was trembling and said crying, "Growing up, I was abused by both of my parents. I got beaten, told that I was never enough, and they told me every time I made a mistake that I should've never been born. I took karate classes when I was 6 and during a karate fight, my ribs cracked and I had to get hardcore surgery. I was sent to a therapist for help emotionally and she diagnosed me with bipolar. I came in for another test since I felt- different and I was diagnosed with autism."

I held Joseph's hands and looked in his eyes, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I just had no idea you went through all this. I treated you horribly after our breakup. I'm sorry."

Joseph ran his hands through his hair anxiously and I saw Anthony look our direction. I hugged Joseph tightly and smiled, "See you later." Joseph smiled back and watched me sit next to Anthony. Joseph sighed and sat at another table with 2 other boys. One of the boys at the table said to Joseph eating his pudding, "Don't worry. You'll win her back." The other boy gave Joseph a bag of candy, "You deserve this bag of candy, bad boy." Joseph rolled his eyes and ate all the candy angrily.