Chapter 2

We looked at eachother's schedules and I asked Joseph, "Why does it say B103?" Joseph looked at my schedule and responded back to me, "Ah, B is the lunch period and 103 is the time." I asked Joseph confused, "Why so late?" Joseph shrugged, "No clue."

I looked at Joseph and asked him curiously, "What's on your paper?" Joseph looked at his schedule then beamed, "We both have the same schedule and lunch. I feel like I just struck gold, man."

I raised my eyebrows at him, "I'm a girl. Don't misgender me." Joseph sighed, "I'm sorry. Us guys use it as a more gender-neutral term, you know?" I looked at him, "What's gender-neutral? I thought there were only 2 genders."

Joseph chuckled, "Gender-neutral is in between male and female. There's no specific preference."

I responded back, "I look gender-neutral." Joseph giggled, "Yeah, but that shaved hair and those pink clothes look cute on you." I smiled at him and we walked to our classes together.

Once the last hour of the day was done, the bell rung again and everyone rushed to go back home. After rushing out of school, a blonde-haired lady with a Jeep asked me concerned, "Hey, are you homeless?" I responded back to her, "Yes. I'm Aquafina."

The lady took me in the front seat of her car and gave me $20. She looked at me and said, "Buy yourself anything you want. It's my treat." I smiled and went to the food stand downtown. I approached the counter and the manager looked at me, "Hey, what would you like?" I responded back to her, "Pretzel. Coke." She smiled at me and gave me my food, "Here you go!" I glared at the menu that was hanging up outside the food stand and got upset, "I'm not man. Not menu." I was fuming in anger and threw a tantrum, "IM NOT MAN. WOMAN!" Everyone on the street looked at me weirdly and I saw Joseph watch in shock while riding his bike.