||Good News||

ہوش والوں کو خبر کیا بے خودی کیا چیز ہے

عشق کیجئے پھر سمجھئے زندگی کیا چیز ہے

hosh vāloñ ko ḳhabar kyā be-ḳhudī kyā chiiz hai

ishq kiije phir samajhiye zindagī kyā chiiz hai

What is the meaning of selflessness? Love then understand what life is all about

_________

***

It was a fine evening and the fading warmth of the summer was peeking inside the living room of the Shahid Haveli. Orange sunlight and white bulbs were contrasting each other resulting in a beautiful combination. The silence around was cut through by the crickets and homeward flying birds. Shah Haveli was surrounded by green fields, stretching Armaan Shah had always adored the evening...and as he gazed at the constantly changing sky he couldn't help but whisper Subhan Allah.

The trip to Masjid was rejuvenating, being a doctor had always forced him to offer his prayers in the hospital itself but after a long time he was able to offer the Maghrib Salah in congregation. He entered  the haveli along with his other cousins,Ahad, Zeeshan  and Fahad. The former was talking animatedly while the later ones was certainly not paying any attention to him. He smiled softly at the usual scene unfolding in front of him and taking fast steps reached them.

"What were you talking about Ahad?" He asked softly, sitting on the one-seater couch followed by the other two on the opposite one.

"Nothing much, just random stuff." Ahad said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Hmm...so how are your studies going?" Armaan asked.

"Good!" The extra raise in Ahad's voice and the uncertain expression though told a different story. Fahad chuckled seeing the little one who was surely not little. Armaan shared a knowing look with Fahad and he too chuckled making Ahad go red in embarrassment.

"How's Saman's studies going?" This time it was Zeeshan.Ahad smirked inwardly as a devilish plan flashed in his not so innocent mind. He masked a disappointed look on his face and spoke,

"Kya bataun bhai! Kuch bhi acha nahi chal raha. Saman bilkul padhai par dhyan nahi deti, main kuch bolta hun to mujhse ladne lagti hai. What can I do about this?" The extremely disappointed voice and a genuinely yet fake gloomy expression could convince any one but the other two. They very well knew who was what.