I gripped my shoulder as I fell down against the door.

"Argh can't I just go one day without...dealing with this shit." I grunted to myself.

Cassandra broke out of her delight hearing my words and gripped my face with her hand.

"You are our prey manthing. Be grateful you're alive with us." She spoke in a playful tone.

She took out a handkerchief from her dress and dipped it on my bite-sized wound on my shoulder and waited for the contents of my blood to stain the cloth. She lifted it up to her face and smelled the cloth.

"Mmm I love it so much." She let out a deep breath. "Maybe just maybe I'll have you soon enough and maybe share some for Bela. I can be kind when I want to be."

I looked up at her and got up to leave as quickly as I could. She only stared at me and laughed to herself still smelling the cloth. By the time I reached the door holding my shoulder I looked back. She met my gaze and waved the handkerchief as if she way saying goodbye and phased through the walls.

I exited into the hallway I was in before with the stairway to my right. I walked forward staggering with each step.

I somehow made it to the floor below and noticed a door to my left with a lit lantern bearing a horn pair. I looked back and forth around me and entered in hoping to find some sort of bandage. Instead I found a large man reading a book with a cigar in his free hand.

 Instead I found a large man reading a book with a cigar in his free hand

"Oh ho ho I have been waiting for you Mister (L/N)." He looked away from his book to me.

"How...how do you know my name?" I asked breathing heavily.

"Anyone who is anyone has heard of the likes of you. Though I must say you look very worse for wear." His face bearing concern as he glanced at my bandages and open wound.

"Yeah...I'm having a hard time here. Can you help me??" I asked pleadingily.

"Oh, forgive my manners call me The Duke now straight to business. Weapons, ammunition, healing salves- anything you desire. I can provide." He chuckled.

"A Business? I have no money." I exclaimed.

His demeanor changed to a frown. "Then I can't provide my services. Bring a treasure of some sort and I can provide you currency fit to purchase whatever you need (F/N).

I blinked in bewilderment and remembered the ring holding the eye gem. I reach quickly in my pocket to pull out the gold ring.

"What about this? Will this get me something to heal Duke?" I said desperately.

The Duke leaned forward and his chuckle returned.

"Oh yes I would gladly take that." He set down his book and opened his palm.

I walked forward and hand him the ring. He inspected it and smiled at me.

"I can add this to my collection. Here's the payment my friend." He reached behind him to hand me a small sack of coins.