2

Being sick is just your body's way of saying you're way too awesome, and you need to slow down, so everyone else can catch up"- Unknown
-----------------------

As the days passed, I noticed how Suho and Seojun slowly got closer to our new student Lim Jukyung.
I know I shouldn't feel upset about it but Han Seojun seemed to take an interest in my new friend. He follows her everywhere and even gave her the nickname "helmet" from the last incident. Where was that interest when I was with him?
I mentally scoffed at my thoughts and decided to put my head down on the desk.
The cramps started getting worse near my lower back and stomach.
Today was my lucky day as my period pain decided to make a grand entrance this morning.
I felt a familiar presence sitting down next to me but I decided not to say any smart remarks to him today.
"No more bickering with me Haewon? I was starting to enjoy the challenge" I heard his cocky tone, but he tilted his head a little when I didn't bother answering.
"Hey, you feeling alright? He tapped my shoulder to get my attention. I lazily opened one eye and noticed a bit of concern in his eyes.

"Wow, the Han seojun is worrying about me. I feel honored" I did a small bow to him before pulling out my water bottle.
"Aish, there goes my caring side now.
But on the serious note, If you weren't feeling well, you should have stayed at home."

"I hate when those who are close to me get sick"

Hearing him say that made me feel some type of way. I felt little butterflies in my stomach right there and then.
"I am close to you?" I looked over smiling.

"Some people might mistake you as my boyfriend if they heard you." I tried to joke with him but it backfired instantly.

"Would you like me to be your boyfriend?"
He chuckled at my attempt to cover up my flustered state as I almost spat out my water. He tried to tease me by leaning even closer to my face.
I thought I would get a heart attack if he didn't pull away so I turned my head to the side.
He pulled away before saying
"Don't worry Haewon, I only see you as a friend and nothing more. I already have someone I'm interested in"

"Friends also care for each other Haewon" he ruffled my hair before putting his attention back on the board in front of us.

How come I got rejected without even confessing my feelings in the first place. Life is so cruel
I tapped my pencil on the desk in annoyance and tried to focus on what the teacher was saying.
.
.
.
-Time skip-
In the cafeteria, I grabbed whatever looked appealing contemplating my life choices at the moment. Jukyung seemed to notice my change in behavior, so she decided to leave me alone. Which I am thankful for since I need a little alone time.
Just as I was putting a spoonful of soup in my mouth, Seojun decides to slip in the seat beside Jukyung and bothers her.
How does he think he will win her over if he's acting like a clingy 5 year old.
"I'm only going to listen to you from now on" he chirps and watches her eat.
He looks over at my direction and puts his hand to my forehead. I flinch but realize he was just trying to feel my temperature.
"Good, No fever. Make sure to eat well Haewon. You are too skinny."

I don't respond because I'm still sulking over what he said before in the classroom.
Right when I was about to eat a piece of meat, Suho comes over to this table catching the attention of everyone in the cafeteria. Grabbing Seojun by the collar, the mood quickly switches up.
Before they can do anything, I pull them both apart receiving their glares in return.
"Stop fighting back and forth over Jukyung. She's not an object to throw around and argue over."
I turn to Suho, "what are you so angry for anyways Suho, has a stick been caught up in your ass?"
I guess a teacher heard me because the next thing I know I'm being dragged to the the teachers office.
I glare at the both of them before leaving the lunchroom.
As I enter the office room, the teacher looks at me with disappointment. "Your attitude was very disrespectful Ms.Kang. Especially to Lee Suho."
Everyone here favors Suho a lot, especially the teachers. He's a perfect student to them, with the perfect grades and a perfect family. His dad is apparently rich and well known so they want to get on his good side.

"I was trying to stop them from going at each other's throat sir. I don't think I did anything wrong in this situation"

Thanks to my smart mouth, I am now stuck in detention at the end of the day.
Today has not been treating me right since I feel worse than this morning. I laid my head on the desk to try to ease my headache that's forming.
After a while, I hear the door open with a creak.
"Yah Kang Haewon" someone kicks the desk slightly waiting for me to look at them.
I slowly look up before furrowing my eyebrows. Han Seojun was standing there crossing his arms.

"I'm not feeling the best right now Seojun, so go sit wayyy in the back where I can't hear you."

His stubborn self took a seat right next to me. "You were pretty cool back there. Look at the state you are in now though"
"Don't forget that you are the cause of this Seojun" I glare at him while rubbing my temples.
"And Will you please be quiet for a while. I really have a bad headache and I'm freezing"

"Why do they always make the classrooms so darn cold" I hugged my arms together and fell asleep in this uncomfortable position.
What I didn't know was that a certain someone took off his jacket and draped it around my shoulders.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Get better soon Kang Haewon"