Chapter 1

Lura's POV

My name is Lura-chan and I am 22 years old and I became blind when a Fire happened when I was a child. I live in Tokyo the state capitol of Japan, I would stay in the hospital, I had at least 10 surgeries on my eyes, but no surgery could improve my condition.

I often did get really paranoid because I could not see but back then every once in a while, a very nice doctor comes in and brings audio tapes of books. I listened to auto tapes in my room at the hospital that my doctor Dr. Hashimah says many great things about it.

I'd go outside and feel the heat on my face and lay down on the wooden bench and listen to the birds chirping. I get up from the bench and walk back to the entrance of the hospital,  I start to hear an ambulance but could not see anything or hear.

The sirens being so loud and them saying get out of the way. What happened though is a memory I will never forget during that moment my eyes started to see colors and I saw this man. He saved me from the ambulance he grabs me and runs inside the doors.

"Are you alright" he said with a concern look in his dark brown eyes, I was so surprised, in that moment, then I was surrounded by darkness but could only hear. "Ms. Are you alright? Did you get hurt anywhere, can you speak?" I hear him say but I'm zoned out and can only hear a whisper.

          I start to feel water drip down my face and touch my face Im pouring down tears. I then come to my senses when I hear Dr. Hashimah's voice "Ms. Lura what happened?". I walk towards his voice "Dr. Hashimah I could see but I could see everything it was like a surprise to me, but I could see everything it was like a surprise to me, but I can't see anymore its complete darkness again."

I hug him he hugs me back "It's alright child I promise you we will figure out how to fix your eyes" he sighs he looks up "Oh Doctor Osamisu you're here today."

"Yes, well I saw your patient outside and saw her on the road and the ambulances were coming and it seems like she could not hear them speaking is she okay?" I walk towards his voice and bow "Thank you very much Sir I'm very grateful can I repay you somehow" I say.

He puts his hand on my shoulder "you said you saw when you felt my touch and were startled how long has it been since you could see" "I-I have never seen until today since the Fire that happened back when I was a child."

He sighs "well then maybe I can help you regain your sight and see the world." I smile "will you really?" "Yes, I am a doctor so it is my help that you need then I will help you find your sight again."

I hear Hashimah's hands clapping. "Well, this will be good if today she saw then maybe she can see again thank you Takahashi the Fire that day and the loss of her mother caused her eyesight to leave."

"It is my pleasure I will help you Lura to bring back your sight" I gasp I forgot all about the ambulances what happened that was so bad. "What happened out there with the ambulances" I can feel Takahashi's hand leaves my shoulder

"Nothing of your concern my dear now get some rest Takahashi will help you tomorrow." Hashimah took my hand and led me to my room. Hashimah opens the door and I walk into my bed he hands me my pills and I take them to help me sleep.

These pills help me sleep because when I was little I would always be in the house and the doors and windows were always locked nothing could get in.

One night my mother left something in the oven and went out to get some soup. I was asleep but when I smelt the smell of smoke and the heat of fire and could not see anything.

I was scared I screamed for my mother, but she was nowhere to be found. I hear sirens and I follow the loud noise I hear my mother screaming and running I hear her come into the house. She tells me to follow her voice and I do.

She grabs me before a flame can harm me and pushes me out the door and then the house falls.

I scream for my mother every night wanting her to come back, but nothing happens. The fire that day and losing my eyesight and my mother always gives me nightmares.

I can barely sleep and cry and scream every night for my mother. I wait for her to get me, but she has never come, never will I miss her, and the nightmares of that night scare me to death. I wish I could forget that day and hope that day will come that I can see her again.