#10 Quidditch

Song for This Chapter: Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy

It was the first quidditch game of the season. The whole school had been talking about it all week. They were excited to see Gryffindor and Slytherin compete.

Olivia stepped out of the bathroom partially dressed in her quidditch uniform.

During her first year at Hogwarts, Madam Hooch decided to have her quidditch assistants wear robes when out on the pitch for games. After training to become an assistant, Olivia, along with two upperclassmen, Walter and Emma, were given black quidditch robes.

The robes mimicked those worn by each house team. Olivia wore a black sweater with a thick grey line in the center of it. She put her hair into a ponytail and grabbed her black robes as she headed to the Great Hall.

When Olivia entered the Great Hall, she saw people spread throughout, all talking amongst themselves. She spotted Scarlett, Aspen, and Kathryn towards the middle of the Hufflepuff table, waiting for her. As she walked over to her spot, she saw George look up from his plate to give her a big smile. She returned the smile, but kept walking.

She sat next to Kathryn, and across the table from Aspen and Scarlett. Her back was facing the Gryffindor team. Scarlett looked up from her plate and said, "I still think that is a stupid rule ya know?" She pointed her fork at the table behind them.

Olivia picked up a piece of toast from the plate in front of her and said, "It's not a rule, it's just a strongly suggested action." Scarlett rolled her eyes at her words. Olivia looked over her shoulder at the twins, "Besides, they all need to focus anyway. It's gonna be a brutal game."

"I know, I just don't see why you can't sit with them or Rowan."

Olivia sighed looking between the girls, "A few years ago, Emma and Walter were sitting with the Gryffindors before their game against Slytherin and the Slytherins got angry. Even though everyone knows we don't ref the game, they claimed Gryffindor was receiving special treatment. Ever since, we decided not to sit with whomever is competing that day, in order to avoid conflict."

Kathryn spoke up, "That is so dumb. Most of the Slytherins don't even come to breakfast anymore before games. We can just go sit with the twins or Rowan."

Olivia placed a piece of ham on her plate, "I want to, believe me I do, but with Emma and Walter right over there?" Almost in sync the girls all looked down the table to see the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor in their black robes, engaged in conversation.

She continued, "You can sit at the Gryffindor table, you don't have to stay with me. I'll be okay. Once Walter and Emma leave, I plan on getting rid of that stupid rule once and for all."

Aspen smiled at her, "Thought you said it wasn't a rule."

"Oh shut up."

---

"Hey Olivia could you go and have both captains sign this? It's just the captain's form that Hooch forgot to have them sign," Walter asked, handing her a clipboard with the captain confirmation sheets on them.

She thought for a moment about saying no, so she wouldn't have to go to the Slytherin locker rooms. But she sighed and said, "Yeah, I'll do that now."

Olivia walked out of the referee's office and headed towards the locker rooms. She slowly walked into the green tent at the edge of the pitch. The inside of the tent was decorated with green and silver. The room was in pristine condition. At a glance, it looked as though it had never been used. Olivia searched the room for Flint. When she heard talking further in, she made her way through the opening and was faced with all seven players looking in her direction. Olivia was only greeted by one smile, and it was from Rowan.