#11 The Family You Choose

Song for This Chapter: hope ur ok by Olivia Rodrigo

Everything moved in slow motion as Olivia witnessed Rowan falling fifty feet. The game ended quickly after the Slytherin chaser fell. Harry caught, well more like swallowed, the snitch helping Gryffindor win the game. Olivia wanted to rush towards Rowan's aid, but she heard a groan from the Gryffindor chaser still at her feet and remembered her job.

One of the Gryffindor girls offered to walk her teammate up to the hospital wing. Olivia helped the girl to her feet before helping her to her teammate's arms.

On a normal day Walter, Emma, and Olivia would clean up the field and the office after the game but after what happened, Olivia couldn't attempt to focus enough for that. She stood frozen on the field. She started to feel her eyes grow hot and her vision blur. She heard someone come up behind her. Usually, Olivia would've turned to see who it was, but her mind raced with thoughts.

The person behind her spoke, "Did you see that game! We killed it." To no surprise, it was George. As he circled around her to see her face, he spoke again, this time with more concern, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Without waiting for an answer, he pulled Olivia into a tight, sweaty hug. "I'm just worried about Rowan. I'm okay, don't worry about me. Go on and get ready for your victory party," she said, trying to convince him to release her. He was hesitant at first, but reluctantly let go as she wiped her stray tears.

George walked off to the locker room, but only after looking back at his friend three times. Olivia composed herself, realizing that even if she tried to go and see Rowan right away, Madam Pomfrey wouldn't stand for it. She decided to distract herself with cleaning up the office. Thirty minutes dragged by as she went through random paperwork and misplaced equipment. She finally decided to change out of her uniform and into some more relaxed clothes before heading up to the school.

She stepped out of the office and was greeted with a damp, clean George Weasley. "What are you doing here? Why aren't you up at the Gryffindor party?" Olivia asked, confused to see him.

He smiled as he spoke, "We're gonna go check up on Rowan." Before she could protest, he continued, "And don't even try to argue. I want to go check up on her with you. I even told Aspen that I would walk you back to the castle, so don't worry about her."

Most of the time, the Hospital Wing was calm due to Madam Pomfrey demanding order, but after the game it was chaos. As George and Olivia made their way into the room they saw Wood actively arguing with Madam Pomfrey.

"Liv, thank goodness! Tell Pomfrey that I don't need to be here," Oliver said as he pointed to an annoyed Madam Pomfrey standing next to him.

Olivia sighed, looking between the two of them, "I'm sorry Oli, but you do need to stay here. It's procedure. If a player falls off their broom or passes out, they're required to stay the night in the infirmary for observation. And you did both, so you need to stay. Sorry."

At that, Oliver let out a frustrated groan while Madam Pomfrey pivoted and walked away smiling. Olivia turned away from the grumpy fifth year to see her blonde friend in green laying in a bed further down the room. She walked up to the left side of her bed. She took the seat in the empty chair as George stood behind her. Rowan was sleeping lightly as Madam Pomfrey reappeared on the other side of her bed.

She spoke, looking up at George and Olivia, "She had a sprained wrist and a concussion. I healed her wrist. As for her concussion, I've given her a brew that reduces any internal injury. Which means, she will be back to normal by the end of this coming week."

Olivia's body relaxed at Madam Pomfrey's words, but quickly she thought about Rowan's ability to play quidditch and the Slytherin team. Her anxiety about the situation started to rise once again. Seeing her tense up, George put his hand on Olivia's shoulder.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 05, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

To Jupiter And Back / George Weasleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें