#9 Feelings

Song for This Chapter: Cloud 9 by Beach Bunny

The common room was filled with every Hufflepuff in the school. All of them were standing with their friends talking quietly, wondering what was going on. The prefects walked around the room making sure everyone was accounted for. Looking around it was obvious that everyone was scared and thinking the same thing.

Hogwarts is the safest place on earth, how did a troll get in?

After counting everyone twice, the prefects stood in front of the fireplace. The seventh year prefect stood on the coffee table speaking to the whole room,

"Okay! Everyone's here! You are not permitted to leave the Hufflepuff dormitories and wander the castle until further notice. Understood? Thank you!" They stepped down, turning back to the other prefects.

Aspen, who was still clutching Olivia's hand out of fear, looked at her and said, "How about we get in our pajamas and have a girls night? Just the four of us?" Olivia nodded in agreement.

Olivia walked out of the bathroom in grey sweatpants and a Hufflepuff sweatshirt while tying her hair up. Looking around the room, her friends were grabbing pillows and blankets to cover the floor. They sat in a circle around a small table, all wrapped in blankets.

There was a knock at the door, all the girls glanced at one another. Aspen spoke for the group, "Come in."

The door creaked open to reveal Anthony, Wayne, and Cedric all in their pajamas with pillows and blankets. "Hey guys, could we join you tonight?" Cedric asked. The girls, once again, looked at each other before nodding their heads yes. The three boys sat between each of the girls, filling the gaps between them.

Aspen shifted towards Olivia, "So... Liv? You and George huh?"

Olivia felt her face heat up as the entire room turned toward her for an explanation. She tried to sound calm, "No, nothing is happening with George and I."

"Didn't seem like nothing when he kissed your cheek."

Cedric raised an eyebrow, "He kissed your cheek?"

"Yes? He kissed my cheek earlier in the hall, before we had to go back to our dorms," Olivia said hesitantly looking back at the group. She continued, "We aren't dating and will never be, we are just friends."

Wayne looked like he was about to change the subject when Cedric spoke, "Liv, friends don't usually kiss each other on the cheek."

She looked around the room for people to disagree, but no one did.

He continued, "And you never know. George is a sweet guy, I see the way he looks at you." Taking a sip of his water, he tried not to laugh, "Not to mention the way you look at him. Just admit you fancy him already."

Somehow, Olivia's cheeks grew even warmer with embarrassment. She knew that she could trust everyone in the room but she didn't know what to tell them. She didn't even know how she felt.

She sighed, "George and I are just friends. We've known each other for years. I love spending time with him, but I don't like him like that." Clearly, she wasn't fooling anyone as they all just stared back at her. Olivia protested, "Besides, what about Sid? Or Anthony? Or Wayne? Why are you only asking me about who I fancy?"

"Because none of them had their best friends kiss them on the cheek...right?" Cedric asked.

Everyone laughed. The group of Hufflepuffs rarely talked about anything outside of school. It wasn't that they didn't trust each other. They were just a bunch of thirteen year olds, still trying to figure out what feelings even were. "How about we play a game?" Cedric suggested.