#8 Halloween

Song for This Chapter: Thriller by Michael Jackson

After spending another hour looking at the stars, George thought it best for the two of them to get back inside before curfew. As the Hufflepuff common room door opened, Olivia turned back to George and brought him into a hug. She felt his grip tighten around her back. Secretly, neither of them wanted to let go. As they broke apart, he looked searchingly into her eyes and said earnestly, "Jupiter, never forget that." Olivia couldn't help but smile the rest of the night, as she drifted off to sleep.

Two uneventful months passed after that night in the Astronomy Tower. Nothing exciting happened for any third years, except for Roger Davies, a Ravenclaw, receiving a death omen in Divination. He was petrified, even after Professor McGonagall assured them all that a student got a death omen yearly, but none of them had actually died.

Olivia didn't really believe in the whole Divination thing. The only reason she even took the class was because she didn't want to sign up for muggle studies.

Looking up from her book Scarlett spoke,"I'm kinda worried about Roger." Olivia looked across the table at her with confusion. The two girls decided it would be best to get some work done in the library before the Halloween feast later that night. Scarlett continued to speak, "He is freaking out, he hasn't come out of his room in two days."

"I can't say I really blame him. Even though I'm not too thrilled with the concept of Divination, being told you're going to die is nerve racking. Especially at just thirteen years old." Olivia said, forgetting that Scarlett was his housemate and her comment probably wasn't helpful.

Scarlett started fiddling with her parchment. Whether she liked to admit it or not, she cared a lot about her housemates, even if she wasn't super close with them.

"Hey," she looked up at Olivia when she spoke, "It's going to be okay. He'll be okay. I'm sure of it."

Scarlett smiled, trying to distract herself from her worries about Roger. She pulled her hair back, "Where are the boys? I thought they said they were gonna meet us here after class?"

She was right. After their Charms class earlier, George, Fred, and Lee had said they would meet them in the library to get some work done. "Yeah, it's been- WOAH- two and a half hours?" Olivia exclaimed, looking at the clock hanging on the wall nearby.

Scarlett sighed, "I'm sure Wood forced them into another practice." Olivia just nodded her head.

Quidditch season was always boring for them as most of their friends played. George and Fred became Beaters on the Gryffindor team during their second year and Rowan became a Chaser on the Slytherin team that same year. Most of the time, Olivia didn't have to go to practices during the week. Madam Hooch prefered to be around, just in case anyone needed her. But Olivia attended most weekend practices.

The two witches turned back to their books. They were trying to figure out how to write an essay on basic dark creatures and what they are known for. Olivia threw down her quil, "This is hopeless."

Scarlett didn't look up but nodded her head in agreement. "How the hell are we supposed to learn anything if our own professor gets too scared when we talk about anything 'too dark'? It's Defence Against the DARK ARTS!" Olivia's voice accidentally raised as she finished her thought.

"Wow there Oli, no need to shout," she glanced up to see George Weasley pulling out the chair next to her. His hair was damp. He wore his red and yellow quidditch jumper with a pair of black sweatpants. He smiled at his best friend, "Ya know this is a library, right?"

"Very funny Georgie," Olivia could feel her cheeks heat up as she looked at him. "Where were you guys?" she asked, gesturing to Fred who was sitting next to Scarlett, talking quietly to her.