#2: Hogwarts Here We Come

Song for This Chapter: Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles

It had been roughly two years since "the incident". Remus explained things slowly to Olivia at first, in an attempt to not overwhelm her. It was strange, but she got the hang of things, eventually. She had to adjust to living with his condition.

The first time Remus talked to her about it, she didn't believe him. She thought, 'I mean witches and wizards were one thing, but werewolves?' But sure enough when the full moon was scheduled, Mr. Weasley showed up at the house.

Remus lived about an hour's walk from any nearby towns for his safety and others, but when Olivia moved in he didn't want to take any chances. The morning of the full moon, he packed up his things and went to spend the week alone in a random location.

He didn't want to leave, but explained, "You shouldn't have to see me like the monster that I am. Mr. Weasley will be here until I get back. Be good for him. I will be back in no time."

It was hard for Olivia to get used to the idea of him in the middle of nowhere, once a month, without anyone, but it was 'what had to be done'. On the bright side, her and Mr. Weasley became friends of sorts. He talked about his family and his job at the Ministry. She even accompanied him to work a few times.

It was still challenging whenever Remus's condition got in the way, but after two years, she had become fully capable of handling his time of the month. He pretended he hated it when she called it that, but it made him laugh every time.

---

Remus spoke, "Now Liv, it is possible that when you get to Hogwarts, it's going to be hard. Some people may... um-" he trailed off. The two were sitting in the living room talking the night before Olivia was to leave for Hogwarts. He cleared his throat before speaking, "- some students may treat you differently when they find out who your parents are."

"Why would anyone treat me differently for being your daughter?", she asked, genuinely confused. Since "the incident", Olivia had started calling Remus, Dad. He had always been her father even if he wasn't her biological one.

He looked at his daughter with sympathy, "No, I mean when people find out about your mother and William." He looked at her like that was the hardest thing he has ever said in his life. He didn't talk about her mother much. Olivia knew he was still hurting. They both were. Her mom was one of his only friends left. His best friend, Sirius Black, betrayed the rest of his friends and murdered them.

That was a difficult conversation to have, but afterwards Olivia could tell he felt a sort of comfort talking to someone about his loss, even if that person was a ten year old.

He looked at her as if he was afraid to speak, "You are aware we call people who are not magic folk, muggles, correct?" She nodded her head yes, silently allowing him to continue talking, "There are families who are full of only witches and wizards, they are called purebloods. Some of those families have the nicest people in the world who couldn't care less about your blood status. Like the Weasleys." The image of the kind, red headed man popped into Olivia's head as her dad continued.

"But there are some families who think only purebloods should be able to learn magic. They use a slur for muggle borns such as yourself..." He trailed off, not finishing his thought. Olivia waited for him to continue, expecting him to tell her what the word was.

"Dad?", she questioned.

He snapped his head back to her, "Hm?" He had a blank expression on his face, causing her to giggle slightly. She raised an eyebrow at him, hoping he would understand her unasked question. He let out a big sigh upon realizing his daughters request, "They call muggle borns, 'Mudbloods'."