Shadows (Tam's POV)

"Can you leave?"

After Glimmer walks away, I sigh. This is the fourth time this week she's walked up to me and tried to talk to me. I'm trying to plan out the details of finding Sophie, but she keeps annoying me. She wants to know what I'm doing, but no way am I letting her find out. I barely know her; I can't trust her. Plus, if she knew, she'd probably wonder why I care about getting Sophie back so much, because she was moved for a reason.

Wait.

Why do I care so much?

I only just met her, after all. But... it feels like she's the only person I can trust. The question sits in my mind for a few minutes before I shake it out. I have to focus.

-----------

My heart bangs against my chest. Can I do this? Will I be caught? I sneak around the corner and slip into the room, the door slightly ajar. I shroud myself in shadows and crouch in the corner, waiting for her to come in. I know she has a meeting soon because I heard her talking about it with another Neverseen member, but what if it's not in her office? What if it is and she finds me? What if-

My worries are cut off as Lady Gisela and two other people, whose faces are covered with their cloaks, walk into the room. Or rather, stalk. Lady Gisela has this aura around her that radiates power and leadership. She walks and talks like everyone should automatically follow her every order. It's honestly... kind of terrifying. If I'm caught, there's no doubt that I would be punished. Severely. Nothing like Sophie's punishment when she accidentally hurt someone. This is Lady Gisela, the leader of the Neverseen. She would not let this slide.

When I hear Gethen's voice, I almost flinch. I take a breath, reminding myself that if I move even the slightest bit, I could be found out. I look over at Lady Gisela, and I see that she is holding an imparter. She's calling Gethen. Is he at a different hideout? Could... he possibly be with Sophie?

"How is she?" Lady Gisela asks, smiling her cruel smile.

"Good. She misses that Shade, but I've quieted her down. She's focusing on her lessons." Gethen responds.

Quieted her down? What did they do to her? I take a silent deep breath to calm myself down. Now is not the time to freak out.

"Speaking of the Shade..." Lady Gisela turns to Glimmer. "Glimmer, do you think he is trustworthy?"

"He hasn't been speaking to me. I think he's hiding something." Glimmer answers.

Why are they talking about me? What about Sophie?

"Well if he's not trustworthy..." Gethen starts, before Lady Gisela finishes.
"We'll just have to get rid of him."

//New, better title! The Other Side! Credit to @-mirxcle . Thank you so much for the new title! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Next chapter coming soon!//