“So you just decided to call me kitty.”

“Yep, it’s now your nickname.”

“But I don’t like it.”

“That’s the point” Avan was smugly smirking.

“I was going to say, after you rudely interrupted me that I didn’t like it because I love it.” now it was my turn to smirk at his fallen face. All honesty I didn’t like the name but he didn’t need to know that.

 “You’re lying.” He argued

“Am I Avan? Am I really?” I retorted.

 We made it to English class just in time for the bell to ring. Taking our seats in the back, we waited for our teacher Mrs William.

She walked in with her chin in the air; she gazed down the student as if they were below her.

“Morning everyone , for the next 15 minutes you will read quietly and by quietly I mean dead silence.” I swear cold wind swept through the class “Or you can read the book in detention then.” She smirked “Then we will discuss what you think about the character and themes, any questions?”

Nobody raise their hands, maybe it was due to the fact that Mrs William was a scary teacher or the possibility of asking a stupid question and ended up getting detention instead of an answer. I guess it could be both.

“No, good.” she smiled crookedly and stiffly sat down on her chair.

I saw Avan take out a book made in Braille, I followed suit and then started to read but gave up after the first letter. English was not my favourite subject actually none of them were now that I think about it.

Anyway I got bored so I decided to annoy Avan, lately he has been my source of entertainment.

I came up with the idea to make my own Braille using a piece of paper and a pen. I punched little holes, -not enough to break the paper- with a pen to make little dots and bumps in the paper. It came out a little rough but it was enough for Avan to run his fingers over and feel the message I have made.

Genius I know!

God, I feel like Bear Grylls! Just one of the ways to use what you have to survive the classroom and send out messages to communicate.

I’m so proud of myself!

I folded it and when Mrs William wasn’t looking, threw it at him. I had poor aim so I winced when it hit his head instead of just landing on the table. Avan angrily frowned but did nothing, not even check out the paper.

Huffing, I took my pen and checked to see if the teacher was looking before jabbing my pen in Avan’s side, easily making him flinch.

Guess Avan has a weakness…I saved that information for later.

“Check…the paper…out” I coughed the words to make it seem less suspicious but it didn’t work as people were staring at me.

I placed my hand on my throat and mouthed the words ‘sore throat’ that did it because they went back to reading.

Suckers!

I turned just in time to see Avan blindly pick up the paper; once he opened it he shifted his head slightly towards me and whispered “Now what…read it?” I didn’t like his sarcastic attitude but chose to ignore it “Run your fingers over it” I quickly whispered and then ducked my head behind the book when the she-devil looked around.

I pretended to have that I’m-actually-reading-the-book kind of face, when she stopped at me. I let out a relieved breath when she went back to whatever she was doing.