Niall Pigeon Feathers 🪶

Niall's POV
I was very uncomfortable with a pigeon on my head, one on my shoulder and one in my hands.
"Niall listen," James said before he put his hand onto my arm. "It's all well and good doing it while I'm here."
"Yeah..."
"You've got to be able to face this fear on your own," James said and I got worried. "So I'll see you in a bit," He said before he started to walk away.
"What? James? James? James? James seriously, get back here now. James, I swear this has actually made my phobia worse," I said before I saw James laughing at me. The pigeon on my head then flapped its wings and I tensed up.

Then the worst possible thing happened.

Its' wing brushed over my right eye and I closed it tightly. A sharp pain then suddenly shot through my eye and I cried out.
"Argh!"
"Shit!" I heard James say before more pain shot through me.
"Argh! Argh!" I cried out as I dropped Ted, the pigeon in my hands, and I moved so that the other pigeons would get off me.
"Medic! Do we have someone around?"
"Argh, fuck! What is it?!" I asked as I raised my hand to my closed eye.
"No Niall, don't touch it," James told me.
"What? Why? What is it?"
"There are three bird feathers stuck in your eye."
"What?!" I cried out in shock before I felt something run down my cheek.
"Shit. Ok, I'm taking you to the hospital."
"Why? What's going on?" I asked as James put his hand onto my back and he led me to the car.
"Your eye's bleeding."
"Fuck," I said as I got in. "James. James, it fucking hurts."
"I know," James said as he started the car. "I feel so bad Niall, but I'm getting you to hospital. They should be able to take them out."
"Ok. Argh! Sis."
"Try not to move Niall, they might get stuck further in."
"They seem to be stuck pretty deep now!" I shouted before I felt the feathers with my hand and a shiver went down my spine. "Get the bloody things out James. Get them out."
"I can't. The hospital's not far," James told me before I heard him accelerate.

Very soon we got to the hospital and James led me into A&E. The look on the receptionist's face was priceless, but I was in too much pain to enjoy it.
"The doctor will see you shortly," She told us and we went and sat down.
"James I can't deal with these any more," I said after five minutes, so I tried to pull them out.
"Niall no!"
"Argh!" I screamed before more fluid came out of my eye and I put my hand back over it.
"Leave it alone."
"Niall Horan," Someone called and I raised my hand. Footsteps came over to me as James put his hand against my eye. "Do you need any help or... oh my gosh."
"Yeah, argh! Fuck!"
"Let's get you to the doctor," The person said and I tried to nod.
"Please."
"Come on."
"This way Niall," James said before he helped to guide me after the person. One of my hands was covered in blood and I hated to think what everyone else around me was thinking. Hopefully none was going to recognise me here.
"Mr Horan. Oh my...." The doctor said as I came into his room.
"Please tell me you can get these bloody feathers out."
"I'll have a look," The doctor said as I lay down on his examination bed. He tried to shine a light into my eye before he got some kind of medication. "I'm going to put a few drops of cocaine into your eye."
"Cocaine?!" I asked in shock.
"Yes, it will completely numb your eye and help me to examine the damage ok."
"Alright," I said and the doctor put the drops into my eye. It stung like hell before the pain eased and it went numb.
"Ok, just stay nice and still for me," The doctor said before he inspected my eye and the feathers. "They're pretty deep in there, but they've penetrated the outer layer of your eye. There's no permanent damage, but I'd like to give you a sleeping pill so that I can take the feathers out without you moving."
"Sounds good," I replied. I would do anything to get these fucking feathers out of my eye.
"Here you go," The doctor said before he gave me a sleeping pill and I took it with some water.
"You won't call an ambulance this time James?" I asked him as the sleeping pill began to take effect.
"No. I think you'll be ok," James said as he held my hand and I fell asleep.

"When will it stop bleeding?" I heard James ask as I began to come back to.
"In just a few minutes. As I said before, the damage is superficial and Niall's eye should heal in no time."
"Good," James said before I felt him brush his hand through my hair. "Niall would kill me if I'd caused him any permanent damage."
"Too right," I whispered.
"Niall? Are you awake?"
"Yeah. Are all of the feathers out?"
"Yes. The doctor managed to get them all out."
"How long did it take?"
"Twenty minutes. You've been asleep for an hour. He's just come in to check on you."
"Am I good to leave?" I asked the doctor, who I knew was in the room.
"You are as soon as you fully wake up. Your eye's going to be sore for a day or two until it fully heals, but you'll be fine."
"Thank you."
"It's my pleasure. Now don't go near any birds again."
"I won't," I said before I heard the doctor leave. Soon, I got a text and I looked down at my phone.

Lewis: First a cow, now a bird. You are unbelievable! Are you ok?

Niall: Yeah, the doctor managed to take the feathers out. I might be stumbling round the house for a few days, but I'll be ok.

Lewis: Good. I'll come to pick you up in an hour.

Niall: Thanks. Love you.

Lewis. Blah. Love you too you freak.