a big gesture

October 19th, 2000

Ariana

I slip my sunglasses atop of my head as I step out of the car, locking it and trailing through the garage. I accidentally bump into a big white van that sits right in the middle of the area. Not only does it look brand new but there's a big red bow on top of it, is this a present?

I continue walking into the house like I was before, Michael stands in the kitchen making dinner while Dede does her homework at the island.

"Hey, mom." She's clearly concentrated which makes me happy.

"Hi, honey." I hug her, making my way over to Michael. "How was your mom's house?" Michael kisses me.

"It was good." I admit. "But um, Michael, uh...who's van is that in the garage?" I ask, twisting my engagement ring around.

He stops to look at me but he seems to be avoiding my eye contact. "It's no ones."

I glance at Dede who's already gaping at us, she gets my signal and closes her book, jogging back to her bedroom.

"Michael, just tell me. I hate secrets between us."

He huffs slowly. "I bought it for the Arvizo's."

I slap my hand to my forehead stressed, ever since that night they stayed over, we didn't hear much from them ever again. All I know is that after Michael distanced himself from them, they harassed him with letters and flowers and cards and anything you could possibly think of. These people were obsessed and I didn't trust them, I still don't.

"Michael...I thought you were keeping your distance from them."

"I am but I can't leave them in the dust after all I've done for them."

I furrow my eyebrows with my arms crossed. "So you buy them a car?"

"It's only one gift, Ariana. I swear I won't give them anything else."

I throw my head into my hands. "I want to let you know that I'm not trying to be cold or...or inconsiderate, we just-...we can't go through that again, Michael." My voice breaks. "We spent all this time healing ourselves, our family, our marriage from all that shit and if it happens again...I don't know if we could survive it once more."

Michael steps away from the stove, bringing me into his arms and holding me while I cry. "I assure you, it won't happen again. I won't let it happen."

I bury my head in his neck and just hope these people aren't evil snakes like the Chandler family.

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

                           December 4th, 2000

Ariana

Oh my god, it's a positive. I close my eyes for a few seconds before opening them up again, focusing my sight on the stick...it's still a positive.

I smile as I clean off the test, shoving it into my back pocket. It's almost as if this pregnancy is on timing considering Michael and I were just having a conversation last night on adding more little ones to our family. This is definitely sooner than expected but nevertheless, I'm so happy.

I walk outside to see Dede, Michael, Prince and Paris all sitting on the patio. I'm not lying, I do feel a little anxious announcing that I'm with child to the kids. I know Michael would be ecstatic but it's Prince I'm worried about. He's always been much more reserved than Dede was at his age and I don't know how he would feel if we were going to have another baby, I wouldn't want him to feel like he's being replaced at all.