Ch. 9 - It's A Small World

Happy was the first bitty to wake up when Kyle entered the shop, which was not unusual, as he was a notoriously light sleeper. In fact, this would be the second time he had woken up this morning. The first time had been more ... informative.

During last night, sometime before the sun had risen, Happy had been awoken when Comet slapped him in the face in his sleep. How rude! He didn't even have the decency to wake up and apologize! Though Happy forgave him anyway because he is such a cool dude.

While Happy was known for his light sleeping habits, Comet was quite the opposite! A notoriously heavy sleeper! As such, it was no surprise the action did not rouse the smoll.

He huffed and Candy cracked a socket for a moment before snoring.

Happy had tried to follow the other skeleton's example and get back to sleep for a few minutes. However, it proved a practice in vain. Before long Happy was getting up and stretching, hoping a small walk would tire him back out.

Now standing he gave the pile a critical eye(socket). He noticed that all the bitty piles - including him and Comet - had at some point, ended up in one pile ... which was odd. He tilted his skull. Unless there was a great imbalance of soul energy's and they had all moved in their sleep to compensate ...?

The Papy shrugged before noticing there was a missing skeleton and blinking in surprise. Oh no! Was someone missing out on the benefits of such a spectacular bitty pile!?

He went over the faces once more to see who it was. Comet, Kid, Candy, Pocky, Napoleon, Raspberry, Punz, Hoods were all present ... but no Count. Seeing as it was Count that appeared to be missing, he paused to consider, tilting his head the other way.

The Sansy had already shown that he preferred to sleep alone throughout the day. Perhaps he was shy about a pile with strangers ...? Some bitties were like that, he supposed - especially older bitties. When Count had settled with his new friends for the night - albeit awkwardly - Happy had been relieved. But apparently he snuck away at some point! How absurd! It was like Count didn't even care about the semi-sustainable soul energy levels such a large pile had to offer!

He froze.

... wait ... not caring about soul energy benefits ... a soul energy imbalance large enough for everyone to move in their sleep ... no - not everyone. He now noticed that everyone had moved to where the Sansy had been.

He squinted.

Was ... Count the cause of the extra soul energy ...?

Nyeh - that was ridiculous. Shaking his head, as he made to search for the bitty responsible for such an absurd thought. A bitty couldn't possibly have and hide that much soul energy ... right?

Happy quietly made his way to the tunnel that the bitty appeared to prefer, only to find it empty. Hmm. This was quite the puzzle! One he would no doubt puzzle out.

"Nyeh heh heh." He laughed quietly at his internal pun, exiting the tunnel.

It was no use worrying over something he didn't know ... yet. It was like a game! Games weren't meant to be worrying. They were fun! And Happy was the best at fun.

Movement caught his attention from the corner of his socket. Movement that was coming from outside of the display. He ducked back into the tunnel, not at all startled at how dark it was where the mysterious movement he had been seen. Cautiously, Happy poked his head out to see what had been moving.

His eye lights boggled, befuddled and incredulous, as he saw the mysterious shadow was of none other than Count! But he seemed ... not happy. Happy furrowed his sockets, concerned and confused.