Klaus knew that she was only pretending. He could see in her eyes how scared she was about what she'd just done. And yet, seconds later, that look changed, and became mirthless. She turned to Aurora, and smiled, seeing she was shaking with rage. "Oh, love, did you really think that he would want you again after he'd already had a taste of me? You may be from the same time as us... but you're nothing. You were his lover. I'm his soulmate. I was going to be the mother of his child."

"But you're not, are you?" Aurora spit out. "You lost that wretched baby! That was your own fault!"

Esmeray slammed her back into the wall, shoving her hand into her chest and gripping her heart. "I'm going to enjoy killing you, aren't I?" whispered Esmeray, her eyes flashing golden. "I'll relish in every bit of damage I do to you."

She released her heart and stepped back, putting her palm up and blowing on it.

Aurora instantly looked panicked. "TRISTAN!" She screamed, looking at a part of the room that was empty, except for a couch. "No— no— what did you do with him?!"

"What is she seeing?" Klaus whispered, limping beside Esmeray as Aurora tried to fight off the spell that kept her from moving.

"She's seeing Tristan, all wet and covered in seaweed, bound in chains and laid on the floor," she said, as if it was the most normal thing ever. "And now..." she wove her hand, and Aurora screamed again. "She's seeing him starting to bleed from his abdomen. In a few seconds, she'll see his organs start spilling out. She'll see his heart fly out, and it will land at her feet."

Sure enough, seconds later, Aurora was screaming her head off, pupils blown as she looked directly down to the tips of her shoes. "NO! NO! TRISTAN! TRISTAN, NO!"

Esmeray swiped her hands out, and the illusion disappeared, leaving Aurora a hyperventilating mess. "It isn't nice to lose someone, is it?" she asked, her voice laced with fake sympathy. "I promise you, that's just a taste of what I'll do to your brother. For what he did to Jackson... for what you did to Klaus... for what Lucien did to me... I will make sure the three of you learn why my Pack was so terrified, that they chose to put me to sleep."

She lifted her other hand, and Aurora gave a gasp, her hands able to move just so she could grip her own throat. "N-No—" she wheezed. "What— w-what are you—" Her mouth opened, and she coughed loudly. Esmeray walked casually to where she could see the empty little jar the serum had been in. She held it up lazily, tapping her foot and watching as a crimson liquid started pouring out of Aurora's mouth, emerging like a snake that slithered through the air before spilling back into the jar. It looked like Esmeray had created a stream of blood that flowed delicately from Aurora's esophagus, and back to its rightful place— outside of her body.

Hayley slowly came out of the elevator, watching the way Esmeray smirked. It was almost creepy. It dawned on her in that moment that they were very lucky to have her on their side. Even without being a vampire who could turn her humanity off, this was sadism at its finest.

"There we go, dear," sighed Esmeray as the last bit of serum spilled into the jar. She snapped her fingers, and Aurora slumped to the floor, unconscious. She put the lid on the jar and handed it to Klaus. "Maybe, I'll make her bleed out of her eyes next, and melt her brain for a bit. Ooh, and then, I'll make her see visions of being pecked to death by crows."

She marched right out of the penthouse, leaving Klaus and Hayley to share a concerned look before the younger hybrid picked Aurora up, carrying her limp body out.

"All that made me hungry," said Esmeray thoughtfully once they returned to the Compound and deposited Aurora in one of the empty rooms, the jar of serum beside her. "I think I'll make myself some cookies."