01

"Honey, pack your things. We're adopting you."

I didn't ask for this but I didn't oppose this either. Believe me when I say that I've had enough. I thought living with Dad after we've been abandoned by Mom would put me at ease. But I was wrong.

He completely changed. I didn't hate or blame him for that. It was totally understandable. Her wife cheated on him after 18 years of marriage.

But the problem was, his abusive habit only caused me to suffer. Every time.

Everything happened only in one year time.

Mom confessed that she was having affair with someone else, Mom and Dad got divorced, she left us, Dad became alcoholic and abusive, his close friend which is Mr. Kim found out and he decided to adopt me for my own safety.

"You are fine living with my two sons, right? We have to live separately due to our clashed schedules. I'm afraid that my wife and I are unable to take care of them." I could sense the guiltiness in Mr. Kim's tone of speaking.

We were currently in the car, on our way to his sons' apartment.

I slightly nodded to ensure that I was okay with his decision. "Don't worry, I trust you."

"I'm sorry I didn't inform you earlier." Mr. Kim smiled and turned his attention towards the road to focus on his driving.

The journey took about two hours so I decided to take a nap to get over my nervousness while arriving there.

********************

"Dabin, we're here." I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. Just nice. Not too bad, not too grand. I thought as I saw an ordinary-looking apartment building in front of Mr. Kim's parked car.

I brought my luggage out from the car with the help of Mr. Kim and followed him inside the building.

Mr. Kim broke the silence as he was searching for the key inside his pocket.

"You will be attending the same school with my second son. He's in his 10th grade. As for my first son, he's studying in the college near here. He chose to live here instead of the dormitory."

Mr. Kim politely welcomed me inside the apartment. "Not much but I hope you like it." I actually loved it. This was more than enough as they gave me a room with a bathroom inside. I believed that they did a spring cleaning before I came here.

Everything looked in place and I must say, just like the condition when you know are receiving a guest.

"They are not back yet, probably busy with school works." Mr. Kim was ready to take his leave after helping me with my stuff. I've assured him that I could handle things on my own but he insisted.

"I guess that's all. I hope you guys can get along. I'm leaving. Call me if anything, take a good care of yourself, alright?" Mr. Kim looked around making his last check before he leave.

I watched him leaving before closing the door. I released a heavy sigh and headed towards my new room.

*******************

"You're older! You do it!"

"Since I'm older, I'm instructing you to do it!"

"That's nonsense!"

I heard fainted voices outside my room, right in front of the door. I just woke up from my sleep and I tried to regain what was happening right at the moment. I didn't even remember how and when I ended up sleeping.

Ignoring the voices, I reached for my phone from the bedside cabinet.

5.19pm. Ahh right, Mr. Kim's sons! Must be them.

I lazily walked towards the door and opened it. My eyes really went wide, couldn't believe what I was seeing. What's with Mr. Kim's genes? I was aware that Mr. Kim and his wife are both good looking. But seeing their sons... I guess, God really favors them.

2 minutes of awkward silence.

"Umm, really sorry for disturbing your precious rest time. We're here to introduce ourselves." The elder one said while exchanging looks with the younger. The elder nudged the younger's arm signing him to go first.

"Hi! I'm Kim Jeyou. I'm the youngest in this household!"

"I'm 20 years old, Kim Younghoon. Really nice to meet you!" Younghoon held out his hand for a handshake.

"Jung Dabin." I slightly smiled, returning the handshake.

Younghoon awkwardly rubbed his nape as he was about to say something. I eyed him weirdly waiting for him to continue.

"Actually, I cooked something for you just now. Feel free to eat it." I tilted my head to look at the said food on the kitchen table behind him. "Thank you."

"We'll be in our room if you need anything. My room is the one at the back, near the kitchen and Jeyou's is right beside the living room." Younghoon dragged Jeyou along with him leaving me alone.

********************

I woke up to a bright sunlight from the small spaces between the curtains.

Waking up in the Kim's household caused me to breathe at ease knowing that no one would harshly bang my door early in the morning just like how my Dad would always do.

I was contemplating whether I should or not come out from the room. Since I was not used to this environment, I thought it would awkward if I come out, so I chose not to do so.

I was about to take a shower when I heard a soft knock from the door.

"Good morning Dabin! Can you come out for a few minutes? I have something to inform. I'll be quick, I promise!" Younghoon raised his right hand as a promise sign, persuading me to come out.

I placed my towel and toiletries on the bed before following him outside to the living room.

He signaled me to sit on the couch while he returning back to his room. Maybe taking some stuff. I thought.

Younghoon head back to the living room with a full hand of school-related stuff. Seeing how he struggled, I rushed to him, helping to carry some of those things. I guess that they were all mine.

From what I recalled, Younghoon was no longer a school student and I believed that they weren't Jeyou's.

"As you know, you will be attending school tomorrow. This uniform.... I'm not sure if it fits but I hope it will. You're smaller than I thought." Younghoon awkwardly chuckled as he said that.

I took the uniform from his hand and observed it before heading towards my room.

"It fits. No worries." Younghoon sighed in relief after seeing me in the perfectly-fitted uniform. He proceeded to hand me the books and other stuffs. "I'm unable to send you guys off tomorrow. You don't mind walking to school, right?"

I stayed silent not knowing what to answer. Am I going to find the way to school by myself. I worriedly thought to myself.

"Don't worry, Jeyou will be walking with you. It won't be that far too." Younghoon lightly tapped my shoulder while explaining after seeing my worried expression to assure me that everything would be alright.

Tomorrow will be a long day for sure.

--------------------------------------------------

Kindly vote please!

Love, Nia♡