I walked to the grill with my dress in a bag and walked to the bar and sat down on a stool.

" hey? Can you get me a pink lemonade please." He nodded and went to the back to make it. Then he came back pink lemonade in hand and asked
"Are you Elowyn Castillo?" I was hesitant to answer but he had a package in his hand.

" yes that's me." He nodded and handed me the package I opened it and a note and bag was in it. The note read.....

Dear Elowyn,
If you get this I have died somehow, I don't know how it's possible but I just want you to know that I loved you like family and I'm sorry that your family betrayed you. I have sent you a ring that I spelled to always be at your aid and will allow you to have no limit of power, but only when it's used for good. If it detects that it is not being used for the purest of intentions it will slowly drain you of your power little by little after each spell it's used for.
I hope you have a long happy life and I love you.

Sincerely Noelani

I had streams of tears running down my face. I hadn't really even realized I'd been crying until the note was getting wet. I wiped my eyes and folded the letter back up and opened the bag and inside fell out this gorgeously crafted ring lined with flowers of all sorts.

I let a tear escape from my eye, i didn't know how to feel

I let a tear escape from my eye, i didn't know how to feel. She was like a big sister, but a distant one. She was always helping me but from a distance. I examined it a bit and slipped it on my finger carefully, it fit like a glove. I picked up my shopping bag and placed the letter and bag in the envelope and stuck it in the shopping bag carrying it out the door and leaving the grill but I was stopped by kol.

" Elowyn is that you?" He asked
I turned making sure to show no signs of weakness so I pushed back the tears and balled my hands in fists.

" yes kol?" He turned his head looking at my bag.

" what's in there?"
Why'd he want to know? It was kind of a weird question, I just wanted to get this conversation over with and go home.

" my dress." He nodded

" I have to go , I'll see you at the ball." I spoke, my voice didnt shake but it didn't sound like I was okay. He nodded and sped off, I took a deep breath and got in Damon's car. I drove home quickly and parked his car in the driveway.

I walked in this huge doors to see Damon standing there with his arms crossed.
I knew he was mad that I took his car but I didn't care I just ran up the stairs and shut my door avoiding him. I took out the note and put it in a box that I kept souvenirs from ones that I lost. In it I had my mothers necklace,my little brothers toy, my sisters note and now my friends note. Death revolves around me, I was the heir to shadows...

I ruled over no one but dead, cold corpses. Of ones I loved and lost.

I closed the box and took out my dress it was gorgeous, I had to get ready if I wanted to be there on time. I slipped off my clothes leaving me in my undergarments I traced the cut that left a star shaped scar and put on the dress. It was definitely one of my most beautiful dresses ever. I then braided my hair and put on my arm band on and slipped on my prettiest pair of heels, they had butterfly's on them.