F I F T E E N

*************************
𝘈𝘯𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘖𝘧 𝘝𝘪𝘦𝘸
*************************

"All right." Dustin huffs as he empties the freezer. "It should fit now." He turns to Steve, who was holding the dead demo dog.

"Is this really necessary?" Steve asks as he squirms uncomfortably.

"Yes, it is, okay? This is a ground-breaking scientific discovery. We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog." Dustin exclaims.

"All right, all right." Steve scoffs.

"FYI, You're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?" I add as I point my finger at Dustin.

"Help me out." Steve groans.

"What am I supposed to do?" Dustin asks.

"Get the door, man." He grabs the freezer door and slams it shut.

"I need to quit hanging out with you losers." I roll my eyes as I walk out of the room. I see Lucas and Max sweeping up the broken glass from earlier. He looks up at Mike, who's pacing the floor.

"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas scoffs.

He stops in his tracks. "You weren't in there, okay, Lucas? That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs-"

"Demo dogs!" Dustin yells from the other room.

"The chief will take care of her." Lucas tries to reassure him.

"Like she needs protection." I whisper to myself.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve says.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."

"So my point is..." Steve stammers as we stare at him. "Right, yeah, we're on the bench,
so, uh, there's nothing we can do."

"That's not entirely true. I mean, these Demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away. If we get their attention..." Lucas starts

"Maybe we can draw them from the lab." Max adds.

"Clear a path to the gate."

"Yeah, and then we all die." Steve exclaims.

"That's one point of view." Dustin says

"No, that's not a point of view, man. That's a fact." Steve says.

"I got it!" Mike exclaims. He walks and starts to follow Will's drawings.

"This is where the chief dug his hole. This is our way into the tunnel. So..." He moves to a different spot. "Here, right here. This is like a hub. So you got all the tunnels feeding in here. Maybe if we set this on fire..."

"Oh, yeah? That's a no!" I laugh.

"The mind flayer would call away his army." Dustin says.

"They'd all come to stop us." Lucas adds.

"We circle back to the exit."

"Guys." Steve says but the kids continue to ignore us.

"By the time they realize we're gone..." Mike continues.

"El would be at the gate." Max says.