T H I R T E E N

✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎
Anastasia's POV
✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎

*I'm sure I messed up the dialogue but it's whatever*

"About time you showed up." Steve spits. I huff and puff as I walk toward them. "What took you so long? I was worried sick. We just about had to fight off a bunch of demo-" I hold a hand up to get him to stop running his mouth.

"I don't want to here it!" I spit sourly. The kids widen their eyes at me. "I spent two hours doing a project, I jumped out of a window, landed on my face, and had to run for my life to make sure Ole Billy Bob didn't find out where Max was. That's what took me so long Mama Steve." Steve stares at me in shock.

"You jumped out of a window?" Max asks, making me turn to her. "That was a bit dumb of you don't you think?" I clench my jaw and stride towards her.

"I did it to protect you, ya little b-" I feel a hand clamp over my mouth. I glare at Steve.

"Watch it." He warns me. "They're children." I yank his hand off my mouth and we start walking.

******************************************

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin exclaims

"He was tiny two days ago." Max huffs.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin says.

"Malted?" Steve whispers to me.

"No. Molted." I correct him. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." He raises a brow at me.

"Wow you're actually smart." He whispers. I roll my eyes and punch him in the arm.

"When's he gonna molt again?" The red haired girl asks.

"It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully
grown, or close to it. And so will his friends." Dustin sighs nervously.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve says as he swings his bat over his shoulder. Lucas stops in his tracks.

"Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" He asks.

"No, what? No." Dustin looks around avoiding his gaze.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." I say giving them a look of confusion.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks.

"It's Dustin's cat." Steve says.

"Steve!" Dustin yells.

"Oh sorry. It WAS Dustin's cat." I correct. Dustin throws his hands in the air.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas points a finger in Dustin's face.

"No! No. No, I... No, I..." Dustin's eyes dart around looking at each of us, trying to find words to say. "He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit!" Lucas yells angrily.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, Okay?" Dustin huffs.