E L E V E N

✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎
Author's POV
✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎

"Dustin! This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?" Lucas yells from the other side of the walkie talkie.

"Well, well, well, look who it is." Dustin spits as Steve and Anastasia continue to unload stuff from the car.

"Sorry, man. My stupid sister turned it off." Lucas huffs.

"Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty
sure he's a baby Demogorgon." Dustin says nonchalantly. Ana snaps her fingers.

"I knew he looked familiar!" She yells.

"Wait. What? Is that Ana?" Lucas asks.

"I'll explain later. Meet Steve, Ana, and I at the old junkyard." Dustin says.

"Steve?"

"And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." Dustin interrupts.

"All right, let's go." Steve huffs as he grabs the buckets.

"Just be there, stat. Over and out." Dustin says.

"W-Wait can I talk to Ana!" Lucas asks. Dustin rolls his eyes and tosses the walkie talkie over to Ana.

"This is Ana, over."

"I need you to come and distract Billy." Lucas says. Her eyes widen before realization hits her.

"I'm sorry, what?" Steve asks.

"I'll be there in twenty." She says. "Right after I go home and grab our project." She huffs to herself.

"So what you're just going to leave us?" Steve asks.

"Technically I'm helping. We gotta make sure Billy don't come and mess with us and I have to get an A on this project. You guys please be safe. Also I'm taking the car." She says before grabbing Steve's keys and driving away.

✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎✳︎

Lucas and Anastasia arrived at the Hargrove house around the same time. She parked the car down the street so her parents wouldn't know she's here, alone, with a boy. She groans before throwing her back pack on the ground.

"I swear if I don't get a good grade after this. I'm dropping out of school." She huffs. Loud rock music can be heard from inside.

"How do we know that Max will answer the door?" Lucas asks.

"Billy is too lazy, that's how we know." Anastasia walks up to the door and rings the doorbell. "But stand behind me. Just in case."

Inside the house Billy was preoccupied in the living room. He huffed and puffed as he lifted the weight to his chest.

"Twenty-one. Twenty-two." He whispers. Anastasia rolls her eyes and presses the doorbell button a few more times. He growls and throws his weight down.