Ethan nodded his head and before entering my office turned back to Andrea , "Andrea, shouldn't it be Mrs. Carter now?" He used a tone that clearly resonated how serious he was being.

Andrea didn't say a word, I raised my palm to calm her.

"I told her to do so." I stated as a matter of fact. Ethan looked at me and cocked his head "Can I see you in the office?" He doesn't bother for an answer before entering in and I follow behind.

The nerve of him--asking me to see him in my own office.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"What? I just asked her to call you Mrs. Carter." He shrugs innocently as if he didn't just made my assistant almost run away.

"Yeah well, it's my choice, what I prefer being called.And right now I like it as it is."

He held up his hands as a mock surrender, "I was just curious."

I took a seat, "But..."He started again. Why is he so talkative today? "Wouldn't it sound weird to our associates and clients who come in here?"

He does have a point, all my legal documents were updated but I kept my name as Skylar Evans-Carter.

"Fine , I'll do it. But don't think I'm going to yield to you. It was just this once , because you are being logical."

He smirked.I'm tired of this.

He opened up his laptop and started working on the couch in the corner of the office. He already seemed so tired and his eyes were practically drooping , but he was visibly forcing himself. I didn't bother and turned to my own laptop.

An hour had went by and Ethan was ready for the meeting. We walked in together with his hand on the small of my back. His body was simmering, by now I was sure he was running a fever.The deal had been finalised and everyone was content with the terms. His assistant, Finn had come by for the notes and paperwork, he was very efficient and Andrea was looking at him quite admirably.

"I'll be going back to the office now."Ethan said , supporting himself on the door frame of my office. He had decided to bid me 'goodbye' before going away. But as I saw his unusually slithered posture and deep breaths, I knew he wasn't well.

"Ethan, you don't look so good. Maybe you should give it a rest and head back home."I suggested .

"I'll be fine, don't wait up.I might be late." He throws back like a typical sub-urbanic husband. This was the last straw, I have had enough of his stubbornness and so I followed him.

"Andrea, cancel my schedule for today. I'll be heading home for the rest of the day." It was 11 , only. She looked up and slowly nodded at my unusual behaviour.

Ethan stood by the elevator, incredulously looking at me. I got in, without looking at him and he entered behind me. There was palpable tension as none of us said a word--I had been formulating a plan.

As we reached the ground floor, I held his arm with both of my hands.His jaw tightened, he knew what I was doing and he also very well knew that he couldn't do anything unless he wanted to create a scene.

"Let go of me." He spoke from between his teeth in a very low voice.

"No, honey. You don't look so good, let's go home. Let me take care of you." I said with my puppy eyes.His nostrils flared, he was getting frustrated.

Mission accomplished.

We got in the car without a problem as I people kept staring at us.

"Skylar, stop it. I'm perfectly fine and I'd like to go to work." He was trying to sound tough but failed.