Christmas Gift

Christmas Gift

Tony is kneeling down on thick snow.. snow that is covered with frozen blood.

"P..Pete?" His eyes shaking and burning with tears. 

"T-Tony.. y-you.. fa-failed me. You.. let m-me die.." Peter is laying over the frozen blood with a grayish tone skin that is stained with bright red blood.

"No! No!! God-- No!! I-I'm so sorry, Pete.. This is all my fault--" Tony chokes on his sobs and coughs, dropping his face on Peter's chest as his sobs grew louder. 

"Don't leave me please! Not you too! Please, not you!! Buddy.. not you.. don't go please.. please, not my kid.." Tony chokes on another sob and coughs out over Peter's chest, pulling the boy into his arms, cradling the lifeless form. 

"Bug.. we're going home now, k.. you can't leave me." Tony's eyes were bloodshot and he clings on Peter's body.

"H-Hey cuddle bug.. you have to wake up now. Please Pete. Please!! Please!!! Oh God.." Tony sobs again. He can't stand. He can't move. The weight in his arms was weighing him down. He wants to bring his kid back. He needs to go back with his kid.

"Pete, wake up.. we're going home bug.." his hand in Peter's hair grew wet and he lifts it up and the blood all over his palms drip down his arm. 

"D-Dad.. m'dead.. leave me.." Peter speaks, blood all over his face and he was pulling Tony's arms off him.  

"No!!! No!!! You're coming home with me!!! You're not dead!!! You can't be dead... I can't lose you too.." 

"Dad!!! Wake up!!!"

Tony gasp for air and someone.. someone small was holding him. 

"You're okay, Dad. Breathe.. I'm here, I'm right here.. right here.." He hears it.. his ear pressing over a contracting chest.. he hears it. A heartbeat. He was clinging at that small body. Wrapping his arms around his waist and pressing his ear closer to the sound of a fast heartbeat.

"Tony you have to breathe or you'll pass out!" Another voice said but it's all muffled. He only wants to hear one sound and one specific voice. 

"G-Go home w'me.. don't leave.. y-you're not dead.. back..w'me..." Tony's voice breaks and a sob was loud and deafening in his ears. Who is that? Was that him?

"I'm not, Dad. I'm alive.. I'm right here and I'm home with you. Look at me please.." Someone lifts his face but he just presses his ear once again over the heartbeat. He needs to hear that again.

"Dad.." Peter looks over at the other people in the room. Rhodey was shaking and pale at the scene but his shock was mix with relief that at least Tony's speaking again. 

"Sweetie just.. just calm him down and tell him to keep breathing first." May says and he nods. 

"He's still having a panic attack tell him to focus on your voice instead, Peter." Bruce says and Peter nods again. 

"Hey Dad look at me. Hear me? Focus on my voice. I'm right here." Peter cups both sides of his face again. Lifting his face from his chest and Tony's pale and tear stained face breaks him. He looks so scared, eyes blood shot and avoiding eye contact, looking anywhere but at Peter. 

"Dad.. I'm right here!" Peter sniffles and his own tears falls down dripping over Tony's cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere.. but you have to breathe first okay? Copy me okay? In.. and out.." Tony does what he was being told. A firm familiar voice. That's his kid's voice. A couple of breathing down and blood finally floods back into his system. 

"Can you see me now?" Peter asks. Tony nods, sighing over the boy's chest. Heart beat.. breathing.. Alive.. Tony cups his kid's cheeks and sighs again. His kid's okay.. he's right here.

"You okay, Tones?" Tony turns to him as Rhodey place a firm hand over his shoulder.