Christmas Rush

Christmas Rush

Tony didn't want to leave the Apartment while Peter's asleep. He did put him to bed. Said his goodbyes but he couldn't stop worrying not after his attack. May reassured him since the flu is gone and both Dr. Banner and Dr. Cho cleared him. That still didn't put Tony at ease.

With a lot more persuading and May calling Pepper and then Happy to pick Tony up, he finally returned to the tower with a promise that Peter will visit tomorrow after school. Which Tony is also worried about. The kid did skip a whole week because of his flu and his asthma attack and going back doesn't really sit well with Tony. May even allowed him to pick him up at school everyday just to ease his worries. May or Happy will drive him to school and Tony will pick him up with Happy.

"Tony stop pacing around and go to sleep." Pepper reprimanded as she push him to lie down on the bed.

"But--" Pepper pecks his lips and covered him with the duvet. 

"Sleep, hun. Now I'll go wash up and when I come back I want you to be snoring or I'll call Steve to knock you out. Choose." Tony sighs and then groaning out as Pepper snatch the phone in his hand.

"I know you're worried, hun. He's okay. May just texted us for the fifth time. Peter's sleeping and you should be too." Tony sighs and just gave up. 

"He's okay hun.. Peter's okay." Pepper gave him a reassuring smile, kissing his forehead twice before leaving him be.

Still..

Tony didn't sleep well that night.
He keeps waking up with Jarvis program to reassure him of Peter's status. He programmed a watch for Peter to use that monitors his vitals. The watch that has the same functions of his Stark phone. He can call send a message and of course, Tony can track his whereabouts just in case the boy needs help. Not that Peter minded it. He finds it cool to have a Stark watch that's not even in the market yet. Well of course since Tony only made it after Peter's severe asthma attack. 

"Tony, what are you doing here?" Peter is wearing his café uniform and his apron while serving Tony some café latte with no sugar in a mug that says 'Love is in the air and it smells like Coffee'. Tony smiles at the quote before taking a sip with the foam touching his lips. 

"I'm calling Pepper." Peter fishes out his phone and Tony stops him. 

"She knows I'm here." Tony says licking the foam off his lips.

"No she does not." Peter narrows his eyes at him and Tony just hums taking another sip of his coffee.

"You're just lazying around, Mr. Stark." Tony glares at him as soon as he said that name.

"Well Mister Parker. I hired Pepper as the CEO of my company for this purpose."

"What? For being a creepy stalker of your highschool intern?" Tony gasp dramatically and Peter almost laughs but instead he held his glare at his mentor. 

"Well fine if you put it that way." Tony just shrugs.

"Peter, man the register, don't worry about your overprotective Dad, I called Pepper and she already sent Happy to pick him up." Peter didn't mind May calling him Dad at all, it even made him smile. 

"What? May, you traitor!" And somehow Tony didn't mind it as well. May even place a slice of blueberry cheesecake in front of Tony which he quickly takes a spoon full of. Grumbling like a child. 

"I'll call you later." Peter says jogging back to the register but not after hearing Tony's petulant sounding reply.

 "You better!"