19

HII!

.........

Taehyung took a three day off, his injuries were healed a bit, at least he don't need bandages now. It was the evening of the fourth day when he got back to work, entering the palace passing a sweet smile to the guards at the gates, they smiled back as they know Taehyung now.

He took a turn in the corridor to enter the royal kitchen when he heard someone talking about him.

"Attention seeker." a girl who is dusting nearby said to a fellow server, referring Taehyung.

"Where's the lie." the other one says and they both laughs at him.

"Excuse me?" Taehyung says as he approaches them.

"Yes." the girl said raising her eyebrows as she stands in front of him folding her hands.

"Do you have any problem with me?" Taehyung asks, not liking their attitude at all.

"No." the other one says.

"I think I heard you talking about me."

"Ohh! Don't flatter yourself, you are not as much important as you think." the other one said and they both laughs, sarcastically.

"Did I offend you in any way?" Taehyung is still talking civil, but he won't tolerate anymore if they misbehaves.

"Offend? You did more than offending us." Taehyung frowns in confusion.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Don't behave oblivious. It doesn't suit you, it makes you look more attention thirsty." she says as agitation getting the best of her.

"Listen, I don't know what you want to say, but you don't talk to me like that." Taehyung warns, but they smirks and shrugs.

"Don't know what charms you used to lure the head chef. I've been working here for the last five years and he appointed a newbie like you as the prince's personal server." the girl says raging, pouring her frustration and now Taehyung realises what is the problem with them.

"I don't want to explain anything to you, if I got the job means I deserve the job and certainly not you." Taehyung says mockingly, pushing his hair back confidently.

"Ohh! Shut it, you must have did something, you are such a pathetic bitc--" the girl stops when she hears someone.

"Umji!" Seokjin yells as he appears from behind. Both the girls flinches, surprised and bows to him.

"Never thought you are someone who pick on others." Seokjin says disappointed.

"I-I apologize head chef but he started first-" Taehyung was about to says something but Seokjin beats him into it.

"I heard everything, it's you who started." Seokjin says. She looks into his eyes and straightens her posture.

"Okay, so now that you heard. Tell me the reason why he got choosen and not me?" she asks getting confident.

"I have been working for soo long. Is it some kind of bias? then I must say it is unfair, head chef." she utters.

"Yes, you've worked for soo long but I must say I lived with the young prince for almost two decades, I've seen him grow up, and I know him more than anyone else. And I know who is suitable to do his work, and on that basis I found Taehyung the most fit for the job." Seokjin explains. And she rolls her eyes.

"What wonders he do that I can't that others can't? It's just normal work, anyone could do that." she says and the other girl nods in agreement.

"If it is a normal work then why are you so worked up about it?" Taehyung says as he steps forward slowly, and she grits her teeth. Seokjin hold Taehyung's arm and pulls him back.