Shedding away falsehood

Start from the beginning

My thoughts were interrupted by a piece of bread thrown across my direction landing in front of me. I stare at it blankly. Cassandra looked over and back to her goblet. Her lips were as crimson as her sisters were.

I accepted the bread. "Thank you for the food." I spoke sincerely to the women. The tall woman was expressionless, but nodded in response drinking from her glass.

The bread wasn't delicious no matter how many bites I took breaking into the wheat. There was no mold or maggots luckily... just wheat. A somewhat civilized dinner took place before me despite the fact it wasn't pleasant, but it was tolerable. I could be dying in that village rather than dine here with nothing to fill my stomach.

"If I may ask. What is your name?" I asked setting down the bread gazing at the tall woman.

The woman stopped drinking from her glass and set it down to respond.

"You need only call me Lady Dimitrescu." She responded.

"Dimitrescu." I said to myself. "Is that a lineage of some sort?"

"Yes it is an old family bloodline ruling over this area. I was the only remaining member while the others grew of old age or died to natural causes such as disease or accidental death." She explained holding her cup while swirling the contents. "My family has ruled over this land for generations upon generations dating back to many centuries. We are famous for our wine technique to many few powerful members of this region." She stopped swirling. "Never has anyone been curious of my house name, especially not a mortal manthing such as you." Her expression remained blank staring at my direction.

The daughters hardly spoke for the remainder of the meal due to the suprise of Dimitrescu's indulgence with my curiousity.

It became quiet after that explanation. Did I pry into something that would come back to haunt me? Or was this only normal to them? Either way I need to be careful about what I do. I just need to know how to survive th-

"Manthing." Daniela spoke interrupting my train of thought.

"Yes!?" I jumped in response.

"Mm keep up that delicous behavior." She purred. "Come with me if you're so curious of my mother's background."

Do I refuse? I feel if I do I may get my neck gashed out, but that may happen if I go with her regardless. I only gave a silent nod and exited out my chair.

Noticing my action Daniela smiled to herself and phased out her chair to my side.

"Mother, sisters, I'm taking my new toy to my playdate." She giggled

I looked at the sisters and Dimitrescu curious of their reactions.

"You may do as you wish Daniela." Dimitrescu waved a hand to dismiss her. "But do share with the rest of us and try not to kill the manthing like last time." She turned toward her and gave an dark look.

Daniela nervously laughed and nodded rubbing the back of her head in shame.

"Please do Daniela I want a piece. Perhaps I'll even share some with you Bela." Cassandra clasps her hands together in a begging position.

It was a cute gesture, but the blood on the lips was a major yikes for me. A chill could be felt across my spine.

Bela stared at her sister and nodded in agreement with Cassandra's plea looking at me with a hungry look in her eyes. Almost as if the food consumed earlier was only an appetizer before the main dish.

I met her eyes and I regretted it. There was a grin that rose higher than I've seen previously. It won't be long before she may reveal to be the worst of the three. Daniela tugged at my arm and jumped excitedly as a child would with their parent. I could only go along with it.