Chapter Nineteen

*Three months later*

*Minho's point of view*

It's been three months since we arrived at the safe haven. Everyone and everything is doing good, expect Maya.

Maya has nightmares of Newt's death every night, she also had hallucinations of Newt a couple times, everyone in our friend group is always there to comfort her.

She told me it feels like he's really there, but when she goes to hug him when he finally convinces her, he turns to dust and fades away.

The last one she had was a week ago. She eats breakfast and she might eat dinner if she feels up to it, she has light pinks bags under her eyes.

She isn't doing well, if we're lucky we will get a very small smile in the morning. We're concerned for her.

"Maya..." I called for her, she turned around quickly and looked at me. "I talked to Vince, he's giving you a day off today... I think you should eat breakfast and try going to bed."

I told her softly, she didn't show up for breakfast this morning, she went straight to work. She looked at me and nodded before walking off.

It was lunch and I finished my food before everyone else so I decided to check on Maya, I walked to her hammock and saw her in a ball, knocked out.

I bent down and moved the hair out of her face and sighed, I stood up and pulled her blanket up to cover her.

I walked away and found Thomas, I sat down and he looked up to me. "How is she?" Thomas asked, our friend group all looked over to me.

I nodded "She's knocked out." I told them, I felt as though a blanket of tension was lifted off of us and everyone sighed in relief.

"I'm worried about her..." Gally said, since we came to the safe haven Gally is nicer, not the big shuck face like at the Glade.

"Same." Jorge said, everyone nodded. "When was her last hallucination?" Aris asked "A week ago." Thomas told him.

"She was doing so good for the first week but then it all went down hill." Fry said, everyone agreed.

"Is it possible she remembers?" Sonya asked, everyone looked at her. "Everyone who was in the maze got their memories back, didn't you guys?"

Sonya asked "I didn't..." Thomas said "I did but I thought something else happened we didn't know about." Gally said.

"Same here." Said Fry, Aris, Harriet, and myself. "We can talk about it later, Vince is gonna kill us for skipping out on work." I joked.

Everyone got up and went their way to go work, but Jorge and Brenda approached me. "We gotta talk..." Jorge told me.

*At dinner*

I went and checked on Maya while I let my food cool down, I made my way to her hammock which was right across from mine, mine was above Fry's cot and hers was above Gally's.

I walked over and saw her still passed out, she didn't move an inch from this afternoon. I bent down and listened for breathing, she took a deep breath.

I stood back up and looked at the girl who was curled into a ball, she was sleeping finally and there was no dream.

I went to walk away but something fell off of the nightstand that Gally and Maya share, I picked it up and it was a journal or something.

I could tell it was Maya's since I saw her write in it once, I opened it and flipped through the pages till I saw a page with more writing than others.