Chapter Sixteen

*Six months later*

"They're late." Brenda said, I stayed in my swatting position on the back seat, holding onto the bar.

"They're testing my patience." I told the two, Jorge chuckled "That is why you two are my favorite Hermando out of everyone, like sisters."

Jorge said "I could get used to that." I responded, I looked at my watch then looked back up to see the train.

"There." I said, pointing to the train. Jorge started driving and I gripped tighter onto the bar and repositioned my knife in my boot.

They started getting next to the train and I smiled "See you two later." I told them before jumping on top of the car.

I jumped and landed on the train ladder and Jorge drove off to his spot in the plan, I climbed up and ran to the back of the train where Thomas and Vince are.

I helped Thomas and Vince and we started running on top of the train carts. "Ten o'clock." I yelled, they looked up and saw the guards I saw.

I crouched down and started shooting at them, hitting everyone I shot at. "Cover your eyes!" Thomas yelled to Vince and me.

I turned around and covered my head, a boom going off and the train cart slowly coming to a halt.

I jumped down the other side of the train I didn't climb up and whistled, Newt in his jacket and tools over his shoulders, popped up from behind the rock.

"That's my Newtie." I whispered to myself, I ran over to the train carts and banged on them "MINHO! MINHO WHERE ARE YOU?!"

I yelled, I heard yelling and looked to Thomas "HERE!" I yelled, Newt ran over and started using the torch on there, I patted his shoulder as I ran by and got to the front of the train carts.

"Shit." I whispered "AYE! WE GOT SOME COMPANY!" I yelled, I smirked and tightened my ponytail then put my one earbud in, pressing play and turning up the music slightly.

I climbed up the ladder and grabbed my two guns, shooting the guards coming my way, one of them aimed up at me and shot my arm.

I yelped in pain but pushed through it and kept shooting, the kickback of the gun hurting my arm more.

I heard the burg coming and smiled knowing it was Jorge, Frypan, Harriet, and Brenda. I kept shooting, only a couple guards left.

"MAYA! VINCE!" Thomas yelled, I turned and saw the train cart slowly being lifted off the ground, I ran and jumped grabbing onto the edge.

I tried pulling myself up but winced in pain due to my gunshot, my hand slipped and I was holding on by one hand.

"I'LL COVER YOU!" Thomas yelled, I held on as tight as I could and used my hurt arm to shoot. I could tell Vince got up and my hand started to slip.

"HELP!" I screamed, I saw Newt and Thomas look over the edge then fall down to grab me. They grabbed my hands and pulled me up, I winced in pain then laid on my back.

I stood up and smiled looking at Newt and Thomas "WOO!" I yelled "AHAHA!" Thomas yelled after, I pulled my leather jacket down and looked at the gunshot.

I saw the bullet poking out the other side of my arm but it was stuck, I lightly grabbed it and pulled it out of my arm, I hissed in pain.

"I got myself a trophy." I exclaimed holding up the bullet, blood smeared on there, I smiled and stuck it in my pocket.

I slowly pulled my jacket back on and looked up to Newt who was standing there looking at me, I smiled up to him and he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back but without my hurt arm, we pulled away and I hugged Thomas, I looked up and saw Frypan and Brenda.